Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The 4th of July Week O' Fun

The day after Luke's blessing, Ross's parents planned a big party over at Melissa's house for all the Goodman relatives living in the area to come and eat and talk and enjoy one another.  It was a last minute reunion of sorts, and it was really cool.  Ross got to see and talk to aunts and cousins he hasn't seen in a long time.  There was a pool for the kids and lots of yummy food. It was a great idea to get everyone together, and we are glad we were able to come.

On the 4th of July, we got up and headed out to Bountiful to enjoy the morning at Rex and Jenni's home.  Yes, they live in Utah too.  Everyone is heeding our call to Zion. ;)  It was a lot of fun.  Lucy had crafts for the kids, and there was yummy food and great company.  I wish I had some pictures of these last two events we spent with Ross's parents before they left, but I noticed that Ross's mom was taking some cute pictures at both of them, so I didn't worry about it.  I also wasn't feeling so great and was happy to just sit back and let someone else take charge of the photography.  Unfortunately, tragedy struck and something went wrong with her SD card, and all those pictures I saw her taking were lost.  Very sad. 

After leaving Bountiful, we ran home to grab our puppy and head to my mom's house.  I got the chance to talk with Brittany and Steve as they were on their way home from Provo, and then we just sat and waited for it to get dark enough to blow things up.  My mom took some pictures.  I did not, so I stole these from her.
 We did the fireworks in the culdesac this year partly for safety, and partly so one of our neighbors could hobble out to his porch and watch the show while recovering from a terrible wake boarding accident involving 48 stitches.
 Marshall and Dana, our lighter people this year.
 Craig and Danielle who brought their iconic caramel apples again.

Heather and Sara.  It was a fun night, but I was so ready to get home and crash and get back to normal life after a week of parties and events and driving all over Utah. 

No comments: