Thursday, September 06, 2012

First Day of First Grade

 My baby is in first grade.  For the first time, she is gone from me all day.  I hate it.  I really do.  She is loving it, though.  We prayed about doing part time home-schooling, but it just didn't feel like the right thing to do and if I had done it, I think it would have been for my own selfish reasons rather than what is best for her.  Anyway, here are some adorable, albeit out of order and obligatory 'First Day of School' pictures.
 Above she is heading in, and below she is coming out.
 The school gave her a back pack full of stuff. That is why she has two in this shot.
 Sara was missing her sister, so we had a friend come over and play.  Chloe's mom also had a lot of stuff to get done that day, so this helped her a bit.  Win-win.
 Jack likes this girl.  Can you tell?

 Yay, first grade!  Miss Emma is turning into such a lovely young lady.  I am so proud of her and I love her so very much.  I just hate that she is off having fun somewhere without me.  So rude! 

 Emma with her teacher, Mrs. Peterson.
 Mr. Luke.  Just for funsies.
 Playing on the Big Kids playground before school starts.  So very exciting!



 Chocolate Chip Poptarts -- Breakfast of Champions!  I offered to make her whatever she wanted for breakfast on her first day, and this is what she asked for.  Silly girl.  It was easy on me, though, and she was thrilled, so mission accomplished I guess.
I have a cute interview from her, and that will be posted as soon as I get it all uploaded.

No comments: