Wednesday, July 07, 2010

4th of July Weekend- Part 1

This year our 4th of July weekend was crazy busy and crazy wonderful! We saw so many family and friends and just had a grand time! I was pretty lame about taking pictures though. Most of the pictures I do have are from when I got other people to take my camera and do the work for me. I guess there are still parts of this three kid thing I need to get the hang of. . .

It started for us on Friday night when we went over to Jim and Melissa's house to have pizza with the Russell cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Goodman! The girls were thrilled to see them and had a good time running around with their cousins while Grandma got acquainted with her newest grandson. It was nice to sit back and relax and eat food I didn't have to prepare. :) (I had spent most of the day making cookies and preparing the roasts for Sunday, so making another meal was not the most appealing thought.)

When it was time for Melissa's kids to head to bed (and past when mine usually go to bed), we headed out to my parents' house for a little firework show. They had moved their annual neighborhood bash to Friday night because they knew Saturday was reserved for Ross's side of the family. I thought that was very nice. I didn't realize we would get to see the Goodmans on Friday as well, and Emma thought it was the best thing ever to get to see BOTH Grandmas on the SAME day. I was so popular when I told her! :)

We got there just as the brother of my ex-boyfriend showed up. . . a little awkward, but fun. I like Doug and he is good friends with my sister, so it wasn't upsetting or anything- just unexpected to see a blast from the past like that. It was a fun night with a good little show put on by my sisters and a nice table of yummy food and goodies.

I tried to get some pictures of Emma with the sparklers (Sara wouldn't touch them), but she was too busy, and I was too not-good-enough-with-my-new-camera to get any good shots.

I then passed the camera off to one of my sisters who was kind enough to document the night for me while I fed the baby and ate my mom's goodies. Good times!

I couldn't decide which of these to keep because Ross looks crazy in this one. . .
and my 45 chins came out in this one. . . I think I'll delete them both.
Sara was terrified of the first fireworks. Poor thing!
Look at the terror on her little face. How cute is she?!
Dana and Caulene had an epic wand fight. Dana won by casting a spell that made Caulene's a dud. We are Harry Potter nerds, and we are OK with that.
These are the lovely stars of the show! My sisters Kassidy, Caulene, Dana, and Heather. Actually, Kassidy isn't really my sister, but she may as well be at this point. They only singed two blankets, 3 eyebrows, and caused only 6 near death instances. Not bad! :)
Jack slept through most of it, which was nice.

Here they are taking a bow after a successful and rather entertaining show.
It was a fun and relaxing night that I thoroughly enjoyed, even if we did get home really late.

No comments: