Sunday, July 18, 2010

Aerospace Museum

We had some time to kill before heading over to Brittany's wedding, so we decided to take advantage of the AMAZNG museum up on Hill Airforce Base. It is an extensive collection of de-commissioned airplanes. The admission is free, but there are donation boxes throughout that we added a bit to.

I had never been to the museum, but I was VERY impressed. It was really cool. They had planes from every piece of aviation history from the Wright glider all the way to a recently retired F-14. I don't think the girls were nearly as excited as Ross and I were. For that reason, we will most definitely stop by there again on our next trip through the Ogden area. I found the pose of this girl by this sign very fitting :)



After the plane museum, we went to the gardens by the Roy museum which was also free and shared a parking lot with the Aerospace museum. I wanted to check out the whole thing because I have a soft spot for museums, but the girls were not having it, so we limited our stay to the pretty gardens, and then got out of there.

I have a soft spot for this kind of thing as well.
After this, we changed the girls into some pretty dresses and headed over to Brittany's wedding.

No comments: