Friday, July 16, 2010

Brittany and Stephen's Wedding Brinner

In lieu of a luncheon on the day of the wedding, Brittany and Stephen chose to have a dinner with breakfast type foods the night before. More akin to a rehearsal dinner I suppose. It was lovely. Stephen sang a song dedicated to Brittany and then talked about how much he loved her and how he knew they were right together. It was really sweet, and I know I was not the only one deeply touched by his words.
Brittany read some quotes that related to her whirl-wind relationship with Steve, and talked about how well they fit together and how she knew that she would have with him what she had always been lacking in her life.
She ended by reading this letter she wrote when she was 16. It was to her future self, but a portion of it was written to her future husband. It was incredibly sweet.
I really love these two. They are both incredible people who have been through so much in their lives. They have remained strong and true in the face of all their trials. They are such a good fit for each other, and it is not uncommon for people to meet them and think they have been together for years. I have never seen a couple so obviously right for each other, including myself and Ross. Not to say other couples aren't as good a fit, but it usually isn't so immediately apparent. They light up to be around each other and their love for each other is almost palpable. I have never been around them when I don't laugh til my sides ache. They are happy with each other and spread that happiness to the people around them. Even more proof of their power together are all the obstacles they faced in reaching a point where they could be together. Satan did all he could to keep these people apart, but none of his schemes worked except to bring them closer together.
~
Brittany, I love you. You are such an amazing woman and have been a true example of friendship and strength over these past couple of years. I am so grateful to have you in my life, and I am thrilled that you have found Stephen. He is wonderful and you both deserve the happiness you find in each other. Thank you for letting me be even a tiny part of your day.
~
On a lighter note, we saw this sign on the way to our hotel after the Brinner. Funny stuff!
Mountain View Baptist Church
The Face of Disobedience
~
**I do not have anything against the Baptist Church and do not personally believe they are the face of disobedience. I just find this accidental public self proclamation quite funny. **

2 comments:

meg fee said...

what a gorgeous tribute to your friends!! good luck to the them, and what a fun wedding party!

Anonymous said...

that was a fun, fun day. thank you for posting this. thank you for being such an amazing friend and support to us. stephen and i love you guys!