Thursday, July 08, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend: Part 3

Sunday was all about Jack's blessing. It was a wonderful day. I was completely overwhelmed by all the love I felt that day. So many family members and friends came to support us and little Jack, and I could never adequately express my gratitude.

For those who came, thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep the food coming and to visit with everyone who made the effort to be there. I am sorry to anyone I didn't get to talk to, and I am even sorrier I didn't get pictures of everyone who was there. My sister said she got some good shots on my Grandma's camera, so maybe I can steal some later.

Anyway, Ross did a great job with a very sweet blessing on our little man. He was blessed with strength, courage, obedience (my personal favorite), the inspiration of his namesakes, and many other inspired and lovely things. I had a good time listening to the testimonies because my babies were all entertained and passed around by our family and friends. Thanks guys!

After the meeting, we headed to our house for food and conversation. We had A LOT of people running around our little house. It was chaotic, but so fun!

These are my attempts at a 4 generational shot.
These are my attempts at a shot with my Jones grandparents who came all the way from St. George. I was so happy they came!
On the left is Carrie and Nate. On the right is Brittany and Steve (who are getting married in 6 days!)
Carrie and Nate came even though they had already been to two hours of their own church meetings and had to rush to get to our church. Brittany and Steve came even though they were spending time with Brittany's parents who had just come home from Argentina a few days before where Brittany's father was a mission president. My friends Danielle and McKay were also there who I had not seen for months. My old roommate Sophia, her husband Brian, and their two adorable kids also came. They live in Texas, but are here in Utah for an internship for Brian. They travelled over an hour from Sophia's brother's house to be there even though their son had gotten stitches in his eyelid the day before. It was so fun to see them, and I was so grateful to have so many good friends there.
These are my Wallace grandparents.

I am soooo close to being taller than Grandma!
Those are all the pictures I got. I fail. (Actually, I have a few more of just Jack, but those are for another post soon to come. . .)
Other people who were there but were not pictured were Ross's parents who came all the way from California, Clay and Stephanie and their 4 kids who also came all the way from California, Jim and Melissa and their 4 kids who all came even though they had been to another blessing earlier that day, my parents, and my sisters (including the honorary sister Kassidy). We also had a bunch of friends from the ward stop by, and I had a fairly steady stream of phone calls, e-mails, and facebook messages from people who could not be there but still wanted to show their love and support.
It was really a lovely day. I am a very blessed woman to have so many amazing and supportive people in my life. I felt so loved all day long.
When everyone filed out and I got my house kind of cleaned up, I snuggled down with my husband and babies and felt a whole different wave of love and gratitude. I love this little family Ross and I have created. My children are so incredible and I am amazed by them every day. I am so in love with Ross, and I continue to find new reasons to adore him the longer we are together. This life is definitely not enough for us. Thank God for eternal bonds and temple sealings.
Thank you again to everyone who was a part of that day!

No comments: