Monday, July 26, 2010

Boating at Bottle Hollow

Before leaving Roosevelt, Allen and Carrie took us boating at Bottle Hollow. It was a lot of fun, even if poor Ross still couldn't get up on anything but the raft. (I think it is because his seizure meds mess with his equilibrium.) Jack was amazing and only woke up when we stopped to swim at a little beach. I fed him, and he went right back to sleep once the boat was going again. He is the best baby.

I forgot to pack my swimsuit, so I had Ross cut off the legs of my jeans at the knee. They were in the DI pile when I packed them for camping, so it was no big loss. I tried to knee board in them, but when I tried to pull myself up, the wet denim kept getting caught on the board foam. That- combined with my recent weight loss, almost made for an em-bare-assing situation. ;)

I stole all these pictures off of Carrie's blog. We tried to get Sara to go tubing with Ross, but she had a melt-down shortly after this and got right back on the boat. This was the sandy little beach area that we stopped at. Emma was not as trusting of Ross after he joked about dipping her in the water. Carrie won over Sara's affections with a nice lap and a juice box. We had a really great time watching my cousins show off- especially Aaron. That kid can wake board!! Thanks for taking the time to do that for us, Allen and Carrie. We love you!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love you too! thanks for coming to visit!