Friday, July 09, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend: Part 5

After our romp up the canyon, we stopped by my mom's house with the intent of picking up some things we had left there, and quickly feeding Jack before we headed home (I know it is silly, but I really hate nursing in public if I can help it). That is not quite how it turned out. When my dad saw us drive up, he asked Ross if he wanted a burger, and then ran out to the store to buy all the needed supplies for a spontaneous BBQ. Awesome!


We had excellent burgers and kabobs grilled up by the lovely and talented Caulene, and, if that wasn't amazing enough, we followed it up with smores made over the fire pit on the back deck. Awesome! It was a lot of fun, and totally unexpected. Here are the pictures Dana snapped when I gave her the rights to my camera.


My dad had these giant roasting marshmallows. They were amazing! Actually, I didn't eat one as a single regular marshmallow is more than enough sugar for me, but they were cool looking, and Ross loved his larger-than-life s'more.
Grandma gave Emma a crash course on marshmallow roasting. They were a good team.
How cool are my sisters?!
This is a gross picture, but I love when Jack curls himself up like that on me. It's like he just can't get close enough, and I love it. We didn't get home until late, but it was such a fun day and not just because it ended with a free meal that I didn't have to cook :) The girls both passed out the moment they got in the car.
This weekend was so much fun, and none of us wanted to go back to our regular routine with no Grandmas cousins or parties.

No comments: