Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Have Talented Friends

I really do. A lot of them. Today, however, I wanted to mention just one in particular that is trying to showcase her talents and use them to benefit her family.

Heidi Hansen Fergusson has been a friend of mine since High School. Honestly, we weren't terribly close, but I always liked her and had good conversations with her from time to time. I think I know way more about her now than I ever did back then thanks to our mutual love for blogging. :)

Anyway, Heidi is extremely creative and very crafty. She has just opened her new Etsy shop, and she has some very cute products that I think y'all should give a look! I know that embellished onesies and cutsie headbands are kind of a dime a dozen these days, but I really like Heidi's work. Her appliques are very unique and sturdy, and the craftsmanship is fantastic. Her prices are beyond reasonable, and I just think she and her ideas are truly inspiring. Here are just a few of my favorites from her shop. How cute is this matching set of skirts for girls and their dolls?! I love it!
I love how different the headbands she offers are. The tulle is so fluffy and different from the giant silk flowers (although she does offer those too!)
If Jack were a girl I would have bought this. The onesie and skirt are a matched set, but either of these pieces would be darling on their own.
I have a soft spot for owls, and will be purchasing this as soon as I get my next check.
These puff quilts are soooo cute, and she offers a few different color schemes.
She also does custom orders like the one below that she created for her cute niece. . .
. . . and THIS cute tie onesie that she made for my little Jack! This was his blessing day outfit, but none of the pictures from his blessing day really turned out. He wore it again for a wedding we attended last night. How cute and dapper does he look?
This is how I can say without a doubt that her work is very well-made and very reliable.
The fabric is soft and the applique is not in any danger of fraying or fading. I really, really, love it, and I think you should all run over to her shop and check it out!! http://www.etsy.com/shop/honeybearlane
She also has a website at http://www.honeybearlane.com/ where you can learn more about her, her products, and enter some give-aways and get some tutorials.
Jack wants you to know that of all the onesies he has soiled, this was his favorite!

3 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

The onesie is so cute! I can't wait to have little babies so I can dress them in some of these oh so cute things!!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Thanks for the love! I made the tie onesie for Lucas also and sure enough, he soiled it good! PS...we also blessed him the same day that you blessed Jack. Weird!

Anonymous said...

I love that onesie too, as I think I have told you before. I especially love Jack. Way, way cute. And if I had a baby or if those girls clothes came in my size (read:extra huge), I would be all over it.