Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trouble

 
 This was supposed to be my cat. We needed a new mouser for my house, and my Aunt Carrie just happened to have some kittens they needed to clear out of their barn, which often doubles as a half way house for pregnant stray cats. I wanted a sweet little white Siamese female. Carrie brought the kitty down to my grandparents' house to await my arrival. Then, my sisters came and cat napped the kitty, took it to their house, and promptly named it Sophie. Turns out the cat was a boy- a BIG boy who earned himself the name Trouble, and a solid fixture in my father's heart-- my father, the man who said he never wanted another animal in his house once the current oldies finally pass. Funny how things work out sometimes.

 Clearly, this is where this cat was meant to be. These boys are kindred spirits.

No comments: