Friday, September 03, 2010

She's a Big Girl Now

Emma started Pre-School last week, and she could not be more excited.

Here she is coming out of her first day. They learned about raccoons, the number 5, play-doh, and how to be happy, according to my new little scholar. Sara missed Emma, so Emma was quick to hug her when she came out. Good sister.
She knew yesterday was a school day, so she wore that back pack (which, by the way, she doesn't even need. . .) all day long from the moment she woke up. Her class doesn't start until 12:15. Funny kid.

I wanted so much to be sad about this big milestone as my little baby is growing up- but I couldn't. She was too excited about it for me to be sad. There is just no way for me to find sorrow in something that makes her so happy. I do miss her while she is gone, though. She has been my constant little buddy for over 4 years now, so having her gone for even 2 hours on a regular basis is something I need to get used to.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Aww, she is so cute! I'm glad she loves it! Hannah had pre-school last year and loved it. Abby starts next Tuesday and she can't wait!

Tracie said...

Wow! I can't believe you have a child old enough for preschool. How times flies. I'm glad that she's loving it.

Anonymous said...

woohoo! preschool is the cutest institution in the universe. i love that emma is in preschool now. i hope this means the beginning of a new blog segment... hmm? :)