Friday, September 03, 2010

For a Good Cause

Hey everyone! I know I don't get on and post very often, but this is for a really good cause. Some of you might have heard about the LDS bishop killed in California; his name was Clay Sannar; his brother, Blaine Sannar, is in my home ward in California. He was my dad's counselor in the Bishopric. It is so tragic and sad to hear of something like this happening and then to have it hit home so closely is even harder. My dad is the bishop of my home ward and we pray daily that nothing like this ever happens to him. Anyway, Bishop Sannar left behind a family including a wife now without a husband and six kids one of them a new baby less than 6 months old. Blaine has setup a pledge campaign to raise money for the now fatherless family, especially, the six kids. Click on the link on the side to check out more about the pledge campaign, also, you should take a moment and read the story and if you find it to be a worthy cause let them know, by opening your wallet.

Also check out the story on KSL.com http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12277083

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That seriously makes me feel so ill. I am sorry that it hit so close to home for you, Ross. I donated. How devastating for that family and for the members! My prayers are with all of them.

Tracie said...

This absolutely breaks my heart. That poor family. I also donated. May this family eventually find peace amongst their sorrow.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Thanks to both of you. Seriously- I am grateful to have good friends like you.