Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Grandpa's Birthday

Sunday was my dad's birthday, so we headed down to my parent's house to enjoy a nice steak meal grilled up by Caulene, and a movie on the deck.

Yes, you read that right. A movie on the deck. My family has moved a TV and DVD player outside to the deck. They have it covered with a tarp to protect from the elements and to reduce sunlight glare. Some nights they even light up the fire pit and roast marshmallows. It's a nice little set up.

Here is Emma and the Barbies from Grandma's house enjoying a movie while the rest of us got dinner ready. That is Ken sitting alone up front. He was in time out and not allowed to sit with all the girls. I thought it was funny.
My sister's decorated the cake with some army toys, and Emma added Woody for a finishing touch. Also in this picture- two heaping plates of grilled steak. I love my dad's birthday! :)
So does Jack.
And Ross. Man food!
I love that my dad lit the canon on the tank. Nice touch.
After dinner we went out to the deck and watched Second Hand Lions. I hadn't seen it since Ross and I were dating and I forgot how exceedingly cute it is.
I love their profiles. So beautiful.
Ross and I decided that we will have her wear thick wire rimmed glasses when she is a teenager whether she needs them or not. Her eyes are just too stunning for her own good.



Happy Birthday, Grandpa Jones. We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Movies on the back patio? So fun. Can you adopt me?