Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day

My dad gave Ross a shotgun for his birthday, so he wanted to go out and use it a bit. We bought a box of shells, some clay pigeons, and a thrower and headed out to my dad's favorite shooting spot. The kids hung out in the van and watched Beauty and the Beast on the computer, and I ran back and checked on them and tickled them from time to time.
He likes his new gun. It is very pretty.

I even got in on the action a bit. I had never shot a shotgun before. It was fun, and I even hit a couple of the clays thrown for me by Ross. (By the way, I am much better at tossing the pigeons than Ross is. That is all. )

We plan to do it again soon before the weather gets too cold.
I had a lot of fun, even if this was the result. . .
When we were out of shells, we headed over to Carrie's house to enjoy their pool and hang out with her and Liz and Patrick. Emma loved playing with Audrey and was a little jealous when she saw all the cool things she could do with Liz's IPhone. She has been asking me to get one ever since. Not happening. Sorry babes.
~
When we were all done swimming and visiting we dropped the kids off at my mom's house and went up Provo Canyon where we planned to bike the trail there to Bridal Veil Falls. Ross had bought a new bike a few days before for this very purpose.
~
The new bike was a dud. It looked all shiny and impressive, but it was hard to ride, and the brakes on one of the wheels locked up suddenly while we were going down a hill and threw Ross over the top of the handle bars. It was bad. I thought he had surely dislocated his shoulder or something the way he was laying. Fortunately, I was wrong. He ended up with some nasty road rash on his face, hands, and knees, and he probably sprained his wrist a bit since it has been bugging him ever since. Not too bad considering how fast we were going.
~
Understandably, Ross wasn't too keen on finishing the trail at that point, so we headed back to my mom's house where he got himself cleaned up, and Caulene made us some broccoli soup. The girls were doing some seriously cute things that my sisters took pictures of and promised to send to me.
~
They didn't keep their promise.
~
I will post them whenever they send them.
~
Or, more likely, whenever I steal their SD cards and load them onto my computer myself.
~
Anyway- it was a pretty good Labor Day even if it did end in a stressful, and painful (for Ross) manner. Poor guy looks like he got in a fight or something.
~
In other news, we returned the new bike, got a different (less expensive, less fancy, and less shiny) one that he likes much better. We also got a little trailer for the kids to put on the back of my bike, and we have been enjoying daily family bike rides. Good times.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ouch! I love knowing I have a gun in the house. Call me paranoid.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

i totally agree, sarah. my dad gave ross a beretta pistol when we first moved out to our own house so we would have a firearm in the house. just in case. i feel worlds safer with it.

Anonymous said...

I miss the Professor. :(