Friday, September 17, 2010

Date Night

Ross came home from work today bearing a dozen passion roses (white on the bottom, pink on the tips, and totally beautiful), a babysitter lined up (thanks, Dana!), and a bogo free coupon to one of our favorite restaurants.

It was awesome. He is awesome.

While we were there eating, we noticed that right next to where we were sitting, they were prepping a number of tables for a large party. We were not thrilled about being in such close proximity to a huge group that included the need for at least 6 high chairs.

It may sound rude coming from a mother of 3, but I was out alone with my man for the first time in a very long time, and I was enjoying the rarity of not having to scream to converse with him.

Just as I was thinking it might be best to bolt down the rest of my food and walk around outside with my hot date, the manager came over to us, apologized for the intrusion, and asked us if we would be willing to move to a different table so they could use ours for the ginormous crowd. As compensation for this 'inconvenience', he promised us both our pick from the dessert menu.

So, to recap- we got our meal half off with the coupon Ross had, we got to move away from the noisy celebrators, and we got creme brulee and a brownie sundae for $free.99.

Best ever.

P.S. It was the first time I had ordered creme brulee, and it very much will not be the last.

3 comments:

Austin said...

and what restaurant was this? If I could count the number of times I've been adjacent to noisy diners and not compensated, I'd, um, have counted, um, high.

emily said...

HAPPINESS!! :D that's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Ross is seriously husband of the year. He just loves you. And free food is neat too.