Thursday, February 05, 2009

Super Bowl and Denny's

This one time, I watched the Super Bowl with Ross and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. This one time, while watching the Super Bowl, I found out about a free meal provided by Denny's.
This one time, while waiting out in the cold to receive said free meal from Denny's the manager gave Emma a free cup of hot chocolate on account of her cute pathetic whimpers.

Sara was a really good sport as we waited in line. She just sat all cozy in her carseat and made adorable faces at me.
We like free food.
No, seriously- we like free food!


We are the worst kind of sneaky muchers too. We first went to the new Denny's in AF. Just as I was getting in line the manager there was passing out 'rain check' vouchers to come back and get a free grand slam some other day. We happily took 4 of those passes, and then went to Orem and stood in the shorter line there to get our food.
In essence, that means that not ony did we get a free lunch on our 'Family Day' this week (his nights are all too busy, so we made a day of it this week), but we now have the ability to either go on two more dates for free by ourselves (possibly 4 if we feel like splitting) or even a double date. I love us and our cheapness! Dating on a budget!
Once we got in after standing in line for 30 minutes, we were seated across from a table where that individual featured with the flowing mullet had some of the most potent B.O. I have smelled in a long time. Every time the waiter walked by that table, the scent would waft our way- oh, Denny's patrons. Our experience would not have been complete without you.
Sara also used a straw for the first time. I was really proud of her when I saw her amazing suction abilities. Good job Sara-Bear!
She celebrated by pulling the straw out and flicking us all with water.
Emma was unmoved as she finished her complimentary hot chocolate.
Thank you Denny's for the free fun!

3 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

I wanted to go to this, but I had to be to work early, so I didn't have time.

James and Monica said...

I wish we had known about it. I wish our friends had told us. *hint, hint, wink, wink*. What is cuddlebum????

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. How did I not comment on this? Next time there is free food anywhere within the State of Utah (or Idaho, or probably California, or Nevada)... and you know about it, will you PLEASE not hide it from me? Will you please call me? I love being Wheel #5.
Love,
Me