Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Savior of the World at the Conference Center

Last Friday night, my good friend Emily called me up to see if I could go to The Savior of the World with her the next day. My sweet husband offered to watch the girls so that I could go, and it was AMAZING! I am going to take Ross to it again before it closes. I loved it. It was a beautiful presentation of all the reasons that the Nativity of Christ is my very favorite scripture story. I will go more into detail about that in another post- maybe after Ross and I go. . .

We got there early enough to take a tour of the roof at the Conference Center. I had never been up there. It was really beautiful. We got to go alone with a tour guide, and she was so cute. I like smaller groups- so the three of us was a pretty good deal for me! I was also confused/flattered when she found out I have two kids and told me that she thought I was 17. :)

Emily got her tickets because she has connections in the show! Her cousin and her cousin's husband are Mary and Joseph. Amazing! That is Alex De Birk below, and he was really brilliant. Melinda (Mary) was lovely, and their chemistry as Mary and Joseph was incredibly touching and believable (shocker!) Her sister also played Joana. It was fun to see some familiar faces on stage.
We met two of her roommates there. Michelle (pictured with Emily below) and Erika were both lovely people and I was glad to finally meet them.
Thank you for thinking of me, Emily! I loved it! And you! And your face!

No comments: