Monday, November 03, 2008

Gardner Village on Halloween

Ross and I decided to head over to Gardner Village on Halloween. We had heard good things about it, and thought it would be a good time to check it out since the weather was behaving so nicely. We had a lot of fun, and it turned out to be a great way to preemptively work off all the candy we would devour later on.

I love Christmas shops! I love Christmas! It may be weird to have spent almost an hour lusting over all the cute Christmas decorations on Halloween- but it put me in an excessivley good mood. (I may or may not already have some Christmas decorations out. . .) This is an illegal picture of just one wall of all their FANTASTIC Nativity sets. I was in heaven- except that I had no money to spend on them- drats!
Emma loved all the silly witch displays throughout the village. They were very clever. I have a lot of pointing pictures.
AFLAC!
This witch on the bike was hooked up to a little motor so that she actually pedaled. Very cool!


This was my favorite. I loved all the floating dynamite sticks.
Emma got a little grumpy at this point and refused to smile for any pictures.
So we went and got some lunch. I had planned to pack a lunch for us so that we wouldn't have to spend any money there, but I got so busy with other Halloweeny things before we left that I forgot. For once, I was glad. This sandwhich was amazing- and I don't normally like sandwhiches. The bread was freshly baked and was still a little warm, and the prices were not as bad as I had expected them to be.

Ross liked his half too.
These were Emma's favorite. They danced around in circles.
And Emma joined them.

What are parents to do when their toddler is prancing around and their baby is sitting quietly? Take pictures of themselves making out of course! ;)

We were sneaky and enjoyed the petting zoo from the outside so that we wouldn't have to pay.

This is Emma telling Daddy to go away "Right Now!!" because he kept tickling her while we were chatting with the geese.

After this, we went home and Sara and I passed out candy while Ross took Emma trick-or-treating. I was really worried that we were going to get our house egged or our pumpkins smashed because I put a sign on our door that said, "If you are older than 11 then there is no candy here for you!" Some of those greedy teenagers were very mad at me for denying them their caramel filled eyeball. After an hour of that, our candy stash was almost gone, so Sara and I joined Ross and Emma, and we had a lot of fun. Emma brought home quite the stash! I hope it lasts long enough to use for stocking stuffers! :) Seriously though, we have two of my big mixing bowls filled to the brim, and Emma only gets two pieces a day. We just might make it if I can get Ross to stay out of it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world!? What kind of person doesn't usually like sandwiches? I'll get over it. Emma is such a cute pirate, and I love how sassy she is!

Ashley Welling said...

Cute pirate costume. My niece had the same one! :)