Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thants Giving

Blogger is dumb! For reals! Anyway, Yesterday Brittany was in town, so we decided to have a get together of people who I have neither seen nor thought about in years. It was actually meant to be a bigger party of people we were once close to, but the only people who showed up were people who I have neither seen nor thought about in years. It was fun- and I sincerely mean that. I am fairly certain that my face was varying colors of scarlet throughout the night due to my crippling awkwardness in social situations- but I really did enjoy myself.

The guests-who-showed-up list is as follows:
Tyler Whittaker- OHS Band president for my Sophomore year of High School. I had not seen him since the spring of my Senior year of High School when Carrie thought about maybe wanting to datify him. He is featured in the picture at the top- which blogger seems to have a crush on because it wont let me place any text at all above him. Good cyber-wooing Tyler- I had no idea! :)

Mark Fernlund- Super Senior of Doom. He is about 4 years older than me which means we never attended school in the same place at the same time- but he was always around there while I attended anyway. He is an interesting fellow with a loud personality. I was a little shocked when he came over. He suggested we play Apples to Apples and then made me hate him by winning. Other than that- it was fun to catch up with him.

Mandy Fernlund- Wife of aforementioned Fernlund. The happy couple are featured in the picture below.
Brittany Asay- I have indeed talked, seen, thought, and dedicated entire parties and blog posts about Brittany many times in the past year. I love this girl! She is amazing and I am glad she is my friend. I also think that she should move into my basement in January and get a job researching what birds are (we just don't know) instead of moving to stupid Texas! Seriously- why are all my friends moving to TX? I mean, aside from the incredible housing market, the nice weather, the hot cowboys, the good schools, the plethora of jobs, and the chance to move on in a new and invigorating environment- Texas really offers very little that my basement does not!

I am not sure what Brittany is thinking about in this picture, but I am fairly certain she is revelling in the wonder that is her spinache artichoke dip. I am addicted! I may have cried when Brittany ruined my plans of licking the caserole dish clean after the guests left when she took it home with her- lame!
Ross and Sara. They were on a team during Apples to Apples: AKA stupidest game EVER. I hated it not only because I was losing, but also because I had lame cards, and because people never chose the rediculously clever responses I chose, and because the responses that were always chosen were always lame, and because my intelligence level was obviously above that of every other person playing, and because I was losing. Stupid!
Hi Britt!

Final Guest- Christopher Butters- Marching Band friend in high school, and good friend during my Senior year in high school. We went to a few dances together and I am pretty sure we had off and on crushes on each other that never quite matched up. I could be wrong- maybe it was just me. Either way- I hadn't seen him since. . . a BYU game party in 2002? I think. . . He and Brittany were snuggle buddies for most of the night.

Chris and Tyler also introduced me to the wonder of the BBC 'Look Around You'. Look it up on You-Tube! you will Thant me later. Maths is my favorite, although Water is particularly delightful as well.
Thank you for a wonderful evening Brittany and Male Entourage- come again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple things to consider. 1) Two boys is hardly a male entourage but I'll take it. 2) I will gladly move into your basement. How does tomorrow sound? 3) We already established that we are both more clever than pretty much everyone possible. I was getting pretty frustrated myself.

Maria said...

Awww, blast! I seriously thought about coming, but then the driving factor and the jetlag factor combined and prevented me from doing anything other than being in bed by 8:30. I'm glad it was fun, though!

Sophia Crane said...

I love the picture of you and Ross. You look so cute in it. I really wish we could have been there it looks and sounds like you guys had a great time.

Carrie said...

Cool...facebook party, I'll have to try it sometime. I hate that stupid game too!