Thursday, November 13, 2008

Perpetual Cuteness

Emma was asking for 'chicken milk' today. I thought for sure she meant chocolate milk, but when she saw what I got her she was very upset! "Not chocolate milk- chicken milk! please." It took me a little bit to figure it out, but I am pretty sure that since we have white milk, and strawberry milk, and chocolate milk, that she just assumed that milk comes in all varieties- including chicken. We made a compromise by drinking the chocolate milk out of a cup with a chicken on it along with some chicken nuggets for lunch. What can I say, the girl likes her chicken!

I told Emma the other day that she could have a treat if she picked up her mess in the movie room. When she completed her task I asked her what she wanted for her treat. Her response was nothing short of a mother's dream. "Can I have some lettuce and ranch and carrots?" Heck yes, you can!

Sara is now a proficient enough climber that she can make it all the way up the stairs in less than a minute! Every time she does this, Emma cheers and claps and runs around saying, "Sara Bear- you are such a big girl! Good job Sara!" for much longer than it took little Sara to complete her amazing feat. Sara loves it though. She just beams with the pride of having her big sister praise her. Ross may have another 'Words of Affirmation' girl on his hands. (Gary Chapman- 5 Love Languages! Read it!)

Sara is tall enough to reach the keys on the piano now, so while Sara plunks out little ditties, Emma dances around the room. When Sara stops her noise to join Emma in her prancing, Emma always stops and says, "Oh, Sara- that was just bootifowl."

Emma cried yesterday when I wouldn't let Sara take a bath with her because Sara was napping. "Mommy, I miss Sara! Bubbles are not fun! Go wake up Sara, NOW!"

Sometimes this mom thing isn't so bad! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still confused about chicken milk... what does it mean?!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I'm not sure. Milk from a chicken, maybe? My best guess is chicken nugget flavored milk though. Yumm!

Ashley Welling said...

That is so cute. I had my students today write about what if cows gave root beer instead of milk. A lot of the kids said they would buy a cow.

Tracie said...

I hope when I have kids they get along this well.