Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sara Bear's Cute Piggies

Emma loves doing the little piggies on her toes. She laughs and laughes as we tickle her with the wee-wee-wees. She has us do it about 4 times on each foot before she will go down for bed. This morning I woke up to her little piggies in my face- not the best alarm clock! After I ran through the rhyme a couple of times Sara decided she needed to join the party. Sara started kicking a little bit while we were tickling her and enjoying her giggles, and Emma caught one of her little feet and said, "Oh- Sara Bear's piggies! Cute piggies. This piggy go to market, this piggy has juice, this piggy in the car seat, wee-wee-wee all to my home!" I was laughing so hard! I am not sure where the juice and car seat came from- what a nut.

I also love that she has adopted our nick-name for Sara. When people ask her what her sister's name is she says, 'Baby Sara-Bear'. Emma is our Emma-Roo because she is constantly bouncing around like a knagaroo. We call Sara the Bear because she hibernates compared to what Emma put us through in that stage. Emma even answers to Roo or Roosky alone sometimes. I think that is why she loves the Hephalump movie that Dana let her borrow. Roo is one of the main characters in it. It is so much fun to watch her grow up, but I have to admit that I am feeling rather intimidated at this point. She is learning so fast, and the responsibility I have to teach and nurture her is really settling in. I hope I can keep up.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Shirlene's daughter is nicknamed "Roo", but it's short for Rooster, don't ask me why??!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. Cadence occasionally makes up her own songs. One was called shoe bug, but the best one was "I kick puppy's butt" to the melody of "twinkle little star". Kids are so funny.