Tuesday, April 09, 2013

The Host Ladies Night

We read the Host in Book Club a couple of years back, so we just HAD to go and see it all together. I love these ladies so very much!

Back Row From Right to Left: Jenny Gillette, Debbie Perkins, Sheri Jenkins, Tracy Schroeder, Katie Miller, and me
From Row: Emily Westphal and Autumn Bohman

We started the night at Coldstone where we all had BOGO free coupons so everyone paid half price. We are savvy saving mamas like that. We then headed over to the theater, and were there in time for the 10:00pm showing on opening night. Yes, that said 10:00 pm. We were those kind of fans. Actually, it was just the only night that worked with all of our schedules since there was Easter and other things like that to work around. It was a late night, and I am definitely not as young as I used to be, but it was still a lot of fun.
 At one point there was a kissing scene that had a lot of people in the place giggling. It wasn't out of immaturity, but because it was actually kind of funny in the story. The lovely specimen in the red shirt in that picture took some offense to Emily's giggling. I guess he takes his chick flicks very seriously because he started YELLING at her at the top of his lungs to shut up and threatened to force her to pay for his ticket. It was ridiculous and kind of scary. We all told him to calm down, and then people from all over the theater yelled at him to stop ruining their movie because then he would have to pay for all of their tickets. It was a sad part of this fun night, and I feel really bad for the girl who was his date. I would have been mortified and upset. It would have been one thing if she had been the only one laughing and was at all disruptive, but she really wasn't.

All in all it was a fabulous night that ended with Autumn dancing like a crazy person in the parking lot. I got a video of it, but I don't know how to load it from my I-Pod to the computer...

No comments: