Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Leprechaun Traps

 The First Grade students all had to design and make leprechaun traps for school. Emma took this very seriously and was very specific about what she wanted and how she wanted it done. She did a great job.
 She was very excited when she saw that Daddy got to come and see it since he had the day off. I was so grateful for that tender mercy as this was the day after Madison's death and the same day we found out that another man had died in that whole tragedy. Lyle Eagletail saw what happened to my cousins and jumped in to try and help Madison. Neither of those heroes ever came out alive. It was heart wrenching. I was so grateful to have Ross home with me to comfort and help me as all these details came to light.
 Emma's trap had a gold sign on front and letters that said, 'Leprechauns Welcome'. The box was held open with a stick that was attached to a ball of fake gold.
 As the leprechauns pulled on the gold, the box shut on them. Pretty clever, if you ask me!
 I love seeing her pride in being able to do something all on her own.
We took her out of school after this which was a little bit early. She had got to school late as I was moving a bit slow that day. She could tell that it was a hard day and responded with lots of snuggles and hugs. Children are so sensitive and pure.

No comments: