Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Miracles (Lights) at Temple Square

We went to see the lights at Temple Square on Monday night for FHE. I drove down with the kids and met Ross just after he got off work. We went and got some food and ate it in the car while listening to an audio book.

We were supposed to meet the Stokers there to see everything but due to work and other things, they showed up a little late, and my kids had already had their fill of cold and lights. Actually, they probably would have been fine to look around because they love Steve and Brittany, but the little being gestating in Brittany decided it needed food, so we chatted with them for a bit before heading over to Olive Garden. We had already eaten, but wanted to spend some more time with them, so we went with them and ordered a small dessert to share. It was good times. I like these guys. I wish they didn't live in stupid Ogden. (A house behind us is still for sale. . .)

Here is our fun group, with two-thirds of my children miserable. Emma was with Steve, so she was happy. These were from before Brittany and Steve came. Even though it was cold, the girls liked the water fountains the best. That cheese 'smile' from Emma just kills me!
This is my desktop background. I love these boys!
Group shot!
Looking at the big Nativity on the Reflection Pool. Pretty.
Emma was our go-to gal for getting Jack to smile when he got fussy. He adores her.



Thanks for coming, Brittany!
While at Olive Garden, we got a little bored waiting for the food and someone had the idea to give Jack a lemon, and I might maybe have permitted the experiment to occur. It was so funny.
In the end, he actually liked it and was mad when I wouldn't let him devour the rind. That's my boy!
This was a really fun night and I am so glad we were able to meet up with the two and a ninth Stokers. (Congratulations, Britt!)

No comments: