Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hey There!

I have been looking at a few different blogs and websites about writing and journaling and things of that nature. I especially like reading through the writing prompts. One that has popped up a number of times is to list some little known and interesting facts about myself in one post, and then use that list for future posts. I have decided to do that on the days when I don't have pictures to post for my parents and grandparents- but first I have to compile the list. So, without further ado (I totally used to think that phrase was 'with no further adieu' until I realized that made no sense at all) here is a short list of things you may or may not have known about me. Be excited to hear the more in depth versions later on!

  1. I have to read books cover to cover. Literally. I finally stopped myself from reading all the publishing info in college- but I never miss a foreword, dedication, glossary, epilogue, editor's note, or the teaser chapters for future books. I do this with magazines too.
  2. I talk to myself when I am alone. Usually it is just little things like mini-pep talks, lists of tasks to do, or reminders- but sometimes it goes more in depth than that.
  3. I lie at church when I make comments. I know- this is weird. The thing is, when I have ideas or council that is applicable to the topics being discussed, I feel weird about taking credit for those ideas. I don't want people thinking I am arrogant, so I credit my ideas to other people. A lot of my comments are falsely prefaced with things like, "My Young Women's leader once said. . ", "My mom always told me. . .", "One of my roommates once talked about. . ."
  4. I cry every day. I have been doing that since High School. It calms me.
  5. When I get bored listening to lectures, speeches, and even talks, I write my own talk or speech on that subject in my head.
  6. I tried for an entire semester to go by Mandy, but could never make it stick.
  7. I am hopelessly sarcastic. I blame mostly my dad, but my mom is fairly well versed in it as well. People who don't understand sarcasm confuse and irritate me.
  8. I hate shopping for clothes. It is the worst.
  9. I LOVE grocery shopping.
  10. I hate most chick flicks. I used to love them, and then I had a real relationship with a real man, and most romantic comedies after that experience bored, annoyed, and even offended me.
  11. I am usually in the middle of four different books and one magazine. This is because I have 3 bathrooms, a purse, and a car.
  12. I am mostly terrified to have a third child. Mostly I am excited, but also I am mostly scared out of my mind. Does that make sense?
  13. I hate small talk. Seriously- I hate it.
  14. My life right now kind of revolves around facebook. Not in a creepy stalker kind of way, but in a constant quick checks and updates between writing lesson plan segments kind of way.
  15. I like hearing when I have something legitimately wrong with me when I have been feeling gross. It makes me feel like less of a weakling when I hear my pains have been caused by actual conditions and not just from me overreacting to heartburn or indigestion.

3 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

1st I love you
2nd I vaguely recollect the Mandy thing (or at least hearing about it
3rd Scared or not you will be a great mother to your third child
4th I am like that with facebook too, very few people blog as avidly anymore (myself included) since facebook became such a hit
5th I like hearing that my aches & pains actually have a cause too

Sophia Crane said...

oh, 6th you actually release hormones when you cry that help relieve tension (true fact). Doctors actually link most men's lack of frequent emotional release (crying) to the reason why they have more stress related health issues than women do.

Ashley Welling said...

I do some of those same things too! When I get bored, I write my own talks or lesson (especially at church--I find I get more out of the lesson). Shopping for clothes is a love-hate relationship with me. I love going and finding cute clothes, but the only problem is that I can't bring myself to buy it unless I absolutely need it. I talk to myself also. It helps me process my thoughts and things I have to do. I hate small talk. My husband says I need to do more of it. Why??