Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week O' Friends!!

I am awake right now. It is annoying. I am exhausted and have lots to do tomorrow, but between Ross snoring, Jack kicking, and Comfort remaining just out of my grasp (stupid sciatic nerve!!), I decided to go ahead and put a little update on here in hopes that by the time I am done, I will be ready to fall asleep.

This last week has been a lot of fun because I have had the opportunity to see lots of my good friends. It started last Saturday when I went to a bridal fair with Brittany and her almost at the time, and totally now Fiance (he proposed for realsies on Monday). It was fun even if it did sometimes look like I was the pregnant sister-wife helping to plan the second wife's wedding. . . :) As we were leaving, I gave the happy couple a ride down to their car, and in the process took the opportunity to steal Brittany's phone so she would be forced to hang out again in the near future! (OK, so maybe it just fell out of her purse. . .) That was the best plan ever since the next available time for us to meet somewhere between my house in the boon docks (Eagle Mountain), and her house in the ghetto (Ogden) was Monday. That meant she and Steve were still all fresh and lovey from the recent proposal earlier that day (YAY!!) and I got to hear lots of details and see lots of heart melting cuddlyness. She has a temporary CTR rings that is all intertwinety (did I get that right, Brittany?) and will serve as the template for her real ring.

Let me just say here that I LOVE Brittany so very much, and I couldn't be happier for her and Steve. She is an incredible woman and I feel blessed to call her my friend. I am amazed at how strong and stalwart she has remained in the midst of all her recent struggles. She is a wonder! She and Steve are lovely together, and I am so happy to see her so happy with someone so totally deserving of her beyawesomeness. (please tell me someone gets that reference. . .)

On Thursday I got to see Carrie and Nate for the first time in over a month. That was a long time to go without Carrieness in my life. Stupid busy and fulfilling lives!! We went to Texas Roadhouse and took advantage of their Early Bird Special, even though we are not old. . . It was a lot of fun and I am very glad that the girls were so well behaved. I have really missed Carrie (and Nate, I guess :). . .) We definitely need to have a repeat in the very near future. Like tomorrow. Or right now since I am SOOOO still awake :( Carrie, I absolutely love you and I am so glad that we are friends. You mean the world to me!!

Friday night we hosted a little dinner shindig at our house with Danielle and Julie, my friends from high school, and their husbands. I had planned to make an awesome roast dinner because I make awesome roasts. However, I failed to consider that when I make a roast three times the regular size (I am usually cooking for twoish), I should plan for three times the regular roasting time. The giant roast was not ready when everyone showed up because I am lame. We ordered pizza which broke our rule of only eating out once every other week. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Anyway, we had a good time. I hadn't seen Danielle and McKay in over a year, and it had been even longer since I had seen Julie. I hadn't even met her husband before. I am a bad friend :(

We played games and ate snacks and pizza while the giant roast continued to prepare itself for every meal in our house for the next two weeks. (Good thing Ross loves roast in all forms!) Julie and Dave left early because they were going to Manti the next day, but Danielle and McKay stayed and chatted until pretty late. It was so nice! Danielle and I were really close back in the day, and while we sat there laughing and chatting I was reminded of just why she was such a good friend of mine. Good times. That, too, is something that will need to be repeated in the near future.

I am grateful for my friends and their husbands (and husbands to be) and for their willingness to take time out of their lives to be with me every now and again- especially since they usually have to put up with my girls, and they always have to put up with me. It makes me happy! Thanks friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, I LOVE you! I know that you're going to have a VERY new newborn at this time, but if you can swing it, it probably will not be NEARLY the same without you guys at my sealing. July 14th at 2 pm. You have been seriously the biggest, strongest support to me. Thank you. And love. So much!

Ashley Welling said...

My sister-in-law is due beginning of March and she is always up at 3 or 4 in the morning cleaning or doing what not around the house!

Carrie Mortimer said...

I had so much fun too, and yes this is going to be repeated very soon. I would love to help out in July so you can be at the sealing...I can seriously put any baby to sleep, my shoulders are magic! ;)