Saturday, January 02, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009

I am waiting on some fun pictures of our Christmas Eve festivities. I didn't have my camera, so I am at the mercy of my sisters and their cameras.

I have to admit that I was actually a little bit bugged that Ross had to work on Christmas Eve. I am extremely grateful for his steady job and the benefits we get from it, but really? What office is open on Christmas Eve? Lame! I spent the time he was at work frantically wrapping presents and cleaning the house so that we would be ready for the Christmas Day festivities. When Ross got home I was tired, grumpy, and bereft of all good Christmassy feelings. Ross gave me some time to shower and primp, and then kissed and complimented me until my spirits were lifted. :)

We headed down to Wal-Mart to pick up a last minute gift for Dana (she had told me the day before that she wanted dangly earrings), and we met James and Monica there, which was nice because they were leaving for California the day after Christmas. After chatting with them, we headed to Macey's to pick up some rolls to take to my mom's house for the big Christmas Eve dinner.

We hung around and chatted, and played on the computers (somebody may have hacked into Caulene's facebook account and tagged her in strange pictures. . . it may have been hilarious when it was discovered. . .) while watching The Muppets Christmas Carol (classic!) and munching on goodies. When dinner was ready, we filed into the kitchen and enjoyed Cornish game hens. It was wonderful. My mom out-did herself. She usually does- but the hens this year were particularly good. Even the girls kept asking for more.

After dinner, and a little more lounging about, the Jammie Elf knocked on the door and brought PJ's for everybody. This was the sign that we needed to get our little booties to bed so that Santa could come. This is a fun tradition my mom always did for us, and we are thrilled to continue it. It was even more fun this year when I opened the package from Ross's mom a few days earlier to find that she had made the girls matching night gowns!! They are seriously the cutest things! The girls love them, and so do I! She sent Ross and me both some super comfy PJ's as well. Grandma Goodman was our Jammie Elf this year. Thanks, Judy! I had some other things planned- but hers out did mine by far and made the tradition so much more exciting!

We headed home, and the girls fell asleep on the car ride. This was nice since we had a lot of work to do helping Santa that night. I hope to be better prepared next year. . .

No comments: