Monday, October 20, 2008

Tag Time

8 Crazy Quirks!

I have done this one before, but I am sure I can think of some new ones.

1. I dream about other men in dream settings a lot. This past week featured Patrick Dempsey, Tony Stark, and Christian Bale. I would consider this dream cheating, (especially with how some of our dates end) but I almost always call them Ross throughout the entire dream, so I think I am safe!

2. I have not had a hair cut in about 18 months. It is terrible. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money for someone to cut it. I considered doing it myself, but then worried about Ross's reaction.

3. I am a news-radio junkie! I have always liked hearing the interesting, albeit biased opinions onthe world's happenings, but lately, with all the time I spend in the car, and all the crappy music on the radio, I have become almost addicted. Glenn Beck, Dr. Laura, Rush Linbaugh, Sean Hannity, Doug Wright- they are all my best friends and moral advisors now!

4. I like making comments. In classes, in church, on blogs, everywhere. I feel a special sense of intelligence and belonging. The sad thing is, I am usually too afraid to make them. I just think them to myself and revel in how much better my unspoken comments were than the ones we all got to hear or read.

5. I LOVE free samples. And gift certificates. And the mini-toiletries from hotels. Free things make me happy inside! I feel privileged and special and sneaky about enjoying things that were of no cost to me. Ross and I have donated a veritable mountain of free T-Shirts to D.I. We knew we would never really wear them, but they were free with the information cards, or whatever. Pathetic really, I know!

6. I really like bruises. I do not bruise very easily, so when I actually get one it is very exciting. I have a strange fascination with the tenderness and the colors. I love that they change like the leaves at Fall. My favorite are the mystery bruises that invite the game of figuring out where in the heck they came from. Good times. The best one I ever had may actually merit a Memory Monday if I can find the picture. It was awesome!

7. I can touch my nose with my tongue. Ross thinks it is gross. I think it makes me totally awesome and he is obviously jealous.

8. Sara is threatening to walk in the next month or two. She has been cruising around by holding onto the furniture and the walls, and has even stood up un-assisted on a number of occasions. Most moms would be gloating with pride and taking pictures of every step in the progression. I am not thrilled. I am not encouraging her in any way to walk! She is hard enough to catch while crawling! I am NOT ready to chase around 2 over-active toddlers! What happened to my little baby? It makes me sad.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, I think mothers of first born children are anxious for their kid to walk, but I think they get wiser on the second one! haha!

Tracie said...

I dream about other men also. But I'm usually "not married" in my dream. So I don't think that counts. You should totally make more comments. Don't leave them unspoken! (err unwritten) We can all benefit from your thoughts. :D

Southern Spud said...

Girl, you are weird! (You can have all my bruises any time of day!) And of course I mean that in the best possible way. ;) You know I love you! :D

Congrats on your second baby girl! SORRY to be so behind in following your blog. :( Yes, I'm a bad friend!!! I must admit that I'm jealous, but I'll be patient. I know my time will come eventually.

Oh, and I hear you on the haircut thing! I never cut my hair the 2 years I was in Michigan because I didn't want to pay $30 to have someone I didn't know cut my hair! I'd always had a good friend do it. However, once I arrived in North Carolina--as in, while we were staying at a motel during our apartment search--I came across a place and chopped my hair off because it was SO HOT.