Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Window Well Tenants

We keep killing them, (and by we, I mean Ross does while I curl up in a ball upstairs crying and praying they don't attack and kill him- so far it has worked) and spraying the area with various poisons, but it usually takes one rain and those wenches are back in business. Ross has killed 6 so far. One of the webs had a dead scorpion in it. I hate arachnids. I don't care what Aunt Carrie says, Ross and I will find a way to not have to include them in our world. I REFUSE to be any part of the creation of these creatures. By the way, this is the 3rd house I have lived in with a problem like this, and these are the biggest black widows I have EVER seen. The one featured was a smaller one, and her abdomen was about the size of a quarter. These things are monstrous and I HATE them.

I have horrible arachnophobia, and it makes me all shaky and teary eyed just to write this. I am actually researching hypnotherapy to help me with it- and rumor has it that one of my uncles is actually a certified hypnotherapist- how cool is that? Anyway, has anyone out there ever done that for anything? I would love to chat with anyone who has actually had it done to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would seriously consider doing some kind of hypnotherapy for bees. I am so incredibly terrified of bees. And spiders, but not as much. I've lived in an old house in a basement long enough to learn sometimes I really have to fend for myself or spend most of my life in the fetal position on the highest possible surface I can reach in my house.

Heather Jones said...

I would have to agree about the size. that is huge! is that through the window?