Thursday, October 09, 2008

Crazy Eights

I got two tags on this, so I combined them, and ironically ended up with 8 catergories!
8 Favorite T.V shows
  1. 30 Rock
  2. Friends
  3. Scrubs
  4. Gilmore Girls
  5. The Office
  6. M*A*S*H
  7. Grey's Anatomy
  8. Charlie and Lola (It is my favorite and my best!)
8 Favorite Restaurants
  1. Ruth's Chris Steak House
  2. Ruby River
  3. Texas Roadhouse (We like steak!)
  4. Papa John's Pizza
  5. Macaroni Grille
  6. Tucanos (again with the steak!)
  7. The Pita Pit
  8. Pizza Hut (we like pizza too!)
8 Things I did Yesterday
  1. Drove Ross to work, and to his appointment, and then home to pick up a document he forgot, and to his other appointment, and back to the office, and then home.
  2. Wrote a lesson plan on my mom's couch
  3. Made an AWESOME omelette for dinner
  4. Had the second counselors in our bishopric and stake presidency come by for a visit (half-way through making dinner- and it still turned out good!)
  5. Had a picnic with Carrie (feel better- I love you!)
  6. 2 loads of laundry- not nearly enough to get caught up, but more than nothing. . .
  7. Practiced the piano when I should have been running
  8. Played with Sara when she decided 3 hours of sleep was more than enough

8 Things I Look Forward to
  1. My Loritab to kick in (I am not addicted- just in pain today! I haven't taken it for 3 days!)
  2. Hulu to pick up the new episode of The Office
  3. The Day the Pancakes Took Over the World
  4. Super Saturday! It has been a pain to plan and an even bigger pain to have to play bill collector, and the biggest pain of all to fight with the other ward over the building when we have had it reserved since February, but I think it will be fun!
  5. Christmas. I love Christmas with all my heart (even if Grandma Jones has decided that she will not go shopping this year) but this year, the best present of all will be Ross's driver's license! Hallelujah!
  6. My next date night with Ross.
  7. Going to bed (I know- lame- but so so true! It has been another rough week!).
  8. Getting my next check from Guru!


8 Things I love about Fall
  1. Carving pumpkins. I am an Excellent pumpkin carver!
  2. The temperature
  3. The colors-and not just the leaves. I love pumpkins and corn and stacks of hay and freshly harvested fields and squash, and lots of other fall things that fit into that heavenly fall color-scheme.
  4. The first snow
  5. Sweaters and scarves and gloves, and all those other wonderful wintery clothes
  6. Seeing my breath in the air
  7. 'Falling Back' at daylight savings time
  8. Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas music (yes- we are already playing my favorite Christmas CD's when Ross is not around!)

8 Things on my wish list
  1. No debt
  2. Fitting into my wedding dress again
  3. A new hair style
  4. Moneys- lots of it
  5. Traveling to Europe with Ross (and Asia, and South America, and Australia, and lots of other places!)
  6. Disney Land! I have NEVER been!!
  7. Have a book published
  8. Ross to be healed

8 Things I will do tomorrow

  1. Hopefully collect money from 10 more sisters so I can get the rest of the supplies for Super Saturday.
  2. Call my sister absurdly early to wish her Happy Birthday (I love you, Caulene!)
  3. Take Ross to work and entertain myself at the office (hopefully with a writing job and not with screaming children) while he works it at his appointment.
  4. Find or make up a recipe that will use all or most of the random left-overs from this week in the fridge (chicken, teriyaki sausage, bacon, fresh spinache, grated cheese, spaghetti sauce, bell pepper, alfredo sauce, and taco meat- any ideas?)
  5. Finish the next lesson plan on Guru and make-out an invoice for payment (yay!)
  6. Write up avertisements for Ross in the Thrifty Nickel, the Daily Universe, The UVU E-Bulletin Board thingy, Craigslist, KSL.com, and any other place I can think of. He just started a new job in addition to AFLAC and he is very excited about it. Expect a post about it maybe most likely.
  7. Teach Emma her last name.
  8. Run 2 miles

8 Things I am grateful for

  1. Priesthood blessings (thank you Grandpa!)
  2. Ross. He really is incredible! He has only complained once about the dishes in the sink and the pile of laundry that just never seem to go away now that I am not home all day. When I burst into tears at his complaint, he aplogized and thanked me for everything I have done (not all that much really) and has helped me keep things tidy ever since. He is such a trooper and is so much stronger than I am. I feel so foolish for needing him to buoy me up when he is the one with the chronic and dangerous debilitating disease! His response to all of this was to mope around for a few days and then get motivated to work harder (hence the new additional job) and my response was to try faking strength, but develop some terribly painful stess-induced cysts. Lame. I love Ross.
  3. Loritab (it is kicking in now!)
  4. Wireless internet and the ability to work anywhere I can steal an internet connection.
  5. My piano. I am still terrible, but I LOVE the potential for actual music there someday. Thanks, Mom! I really love it!
  6. Emma and Sara. They are my world! They have been, for the most part, so good about being in the car for hours on end lately. They both have their moments. . . Emma constantly reminds me that she is 2, and Sara apparently heard from Emma that sleep is boring. My hibernating bear is now doing what Emma used to do at her age. Really, though, they have been so sweet and wonderful! Sara is full of smiles (and 7 teeth!!) and Emma tells me every day that she loves me and wants snuggles. They are wonderful!
  7. Good friends. I am blessed.
  8. Living prophets. Conference was amazing! Heavenly Father made sure they knew just what I needed to hear. Maybe I will do a post about that too if I can find the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy... you are BUSY! It almost makes me feel guilty for sitting on my bum all day complaining to the heavens how sick I am. I love you!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Your wish list looks a lot like mine! May all our dreams come true. And sadly, The Office last night wasn't that great. Kind of a disappoinment, especially after having to wait two weeks.

Hope you guys feel better soon.

Ashley Welling said...

The Office was a good one! We were cracking jokes about it at work today. Hopefully you aren't a time stealer...

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you did not call me oh so very early in the morning. As I forgot to turn down my phone volume last night, that had you called it would have woken up my room mate, and not just me. That would not have been a good thing.