Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Really?

Who in their right mind lets their 14 year old daughter go to the WARD trunk-or-treat at the CHURCH building to pass out candy to SMALL CHILDREN dressed up in LINGERIE?!?! Really? Where in the world did any of that make any sense at all? When we stopped to get candy from the barely covered bat girl Emma said,"Mommy- she cold!" I hope she was. And embarassed. Judgemental? Maybe. Sue me- I'm a mom and I took my daughters to the church to enjoy some Halloween fun thinking that it would be a good way to avoid some of the things that have started to bother and scare me about the holiday in the public sector. I didn't realize that I would have to shield their eyes from the immodest choices of the MIA MAIDS PRESIDENT!!! Not right!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Dang!

Ashley Welling said...

When I was at lunch yesterday, I heard some teachers talking about one of our 14 year old students saying she was going to come to school tomorrow dressed as a PLAYBOY BUNNY....She doesn't care and she is going to do it. Last year I had some 7th graders dressed (at school) as slutty waitresses. You know their parents wouldn't approve when they have to bring their costume to school and change into it.