Thursday, July 24, 2014

Health Goals

I know it is pretty cliche, but I started the New Year with a goal to get healthier. Note- my goal was to get HEALTHY and not SKINNY. I think this has been my problem in earlier goals of this nature. Right now I am tired of caring what I LOOK like and am far more concerned with what I FEEL like. I want to get stronger, and healthier, and more full of energy so that I can keep up with my kids and give them a good example of health and wellness to follow.

I actually like that I am writing about this 7 months after it began because it makes me more proud to say that I am still doing this. While I am not tracking things like I was in this image since the initial challenge ended, I am still exercising and trying to eat healthier. I have taken weeks off of clean eating from time to time, but for the most part, I am healthier, stronger, and leaner now than I was at the beginning of the year.

I have only lost 20 pounds, and I would love to be able to lose another 20, but I am trying to not focus on that and rather focus on the fact that at the beginning of the year I couldn't do a sit-up without it making my C-Section area ache. I couldn't run a mile without my asthma kicking in and making life hard. I couldn't lift more than 5 pounds for bicep curls and lateral raises.

Last night I did a mile run as my workout warm-up, and I finished it in 8 minutes without ever stopping to walk. Last night I did 120 sit-ups. I had to use a weight to help me for the last 60, but I did them all. The day before last night I did 45 Clean lifts with a 45 pound weight, and the last 3 reps with 55. I am grateful to my friend Gina for getting me started on this path of wellness. I feel great, and I hope that continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you run that far without peeing your pants? Could I have avoided that by having a C-section? Sign me up for the next one!