Sunday, May 26, 2013

Houston Trip: Day 10

 Ross was doing much better this day, but was not totally recovered, so we took it easy and decided to hit the Miller Outdoor Theater again to see the Houston Opera perform La Boheme.
 We grabbed a pizza on the way over and enjoyed a fun picnic while we waited for the show to start. It was so well done, but the kids got a little tired and restless, and I wasn't loving the heavy scent of wine from all around us, so we left after the third Act and didn't get to see Mimi die.
 I think it is so great that Houston does these kinds of performances for free. There were a lot of kids there, and I loved seeing so many people coming out to enjoy something so classical and cultured. There are far worse things to do with a Friday night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jealous! I've got to say one of the main things I'm excited about living in Utah County again is that there are so many freebie things to do.