Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Ward Chilli Cook-Off

 Our wards decided to do a chilli cook-off instead of a Trunk or Treat this year.  For part of it, we decorated pumpkins.  These all came from the ward garden.  They ran out of stuff to decorate with as the first people didn't realize how many there were.  Luckily, I have a crazy supply of odds and ends in my purse, and ours turned out super fun.  Landon even ditched his table to come add to ours. 
 There was a carnival of the kids in their costumes, but Mr. Jack did not want to participate.

 I don't want to brag, but I totally WON the Chilli Cook-Off.  I had never made chilli from scratch before.  I'm pretty awesome.  That, and I had a wonderful friend share her (easy peasy) award winning recipe with me.
 We didn't get to try any that night, however, as there were too many people and not enough chilli.  We had far more people attend than the committee anticipated, which is so awesome.  It is great to see people turn out to events like this.  Hopefully they start coming to other church meetings as well.  I made the chilli again a few nights later so our family could have some.
 Sara and her bunny ears crack me up!  She insisted on them!



 Everyone has feathers, fabric, sharpies, paperclips and plastic balls in their purses, right?

It was a fun night.  I won't even mention the child who threw up all over my chair...  The people who organized it should be proud.  I hope they do it again next year with more chilli, and a bigger prize for my SECOND win. :)

No comments: