Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wallace Camp-Out 2011

This year's sojourn to Soldier Hollow was tempered with some nasty weather. It rained. A lot. In all honesty, I liked it. I love the sound of rain on a tent, especially when I am warm within it, with a sleeping baby, and warm husband, and a good book. It did cut into a lot of the visiting time, and it necessitated us leaving a night early. All the rain caused our cheapie tent (purchased at Target for $35 with our wedding gift cards) to start leaking, and the humid and damp tent was not something we wanted to endure another night with our teething baby who didn't like sleeping at night.

That's not to say we didn't have fun, however, because we did. A lot of it. This is one of the highlights of our summer. Here are some pictures- a lot similar to the ones from last year, only this time while my kids are older, I am actually skinnier instead of chubbier than last year. Woot.

I stole these from my aunt Carrie. S'More time! Grandpa and Grandma Wallace

Hula Hoop!






I made Ross wait to leave so I could finish up my book. It was good.
Jay and Lara sent their 4 oldest kids to camp with us. It was soooo good to see them. I have missed their little faces since they moved to stupid South Dakota.
This is pretty much how I always picture my Grandma. Smiling and laughing and busy, busy, busy. I love her. Grandpa's rocket launcher. Emma made her own Princess rocket this year.


Grandma brought the princess tent, which the kids got to enjoy for like ten seconds of the week.





Corbyn, Madison and Annika had fun playing catch with Jack. They were such good little baby-sitters for me. I think they were missing their little brothers.





















We had grapes with lunch one day, and Emma seemed to REALLY enjoy them. She is such a funny little diva!




































Sara kept her coat on for a full day no matter how cold it got because she was afraid it would start raining again.



















Dana made a fun boondoggle head band.




Jenna and Heather
Aaron tried to melt down a metal washer. He got it bright red, but that was about it.



Tanner makes me laugh.


The kids had fun feeding the squirrels peanuts. Those squirrels are not at all human shy.






The rain let up long enough for a quick trip to the docks to catch crawdads. Jack found this particularly fascinating. He is SUCH a BOY.


Sara was not a fan.

She is still very pretty, though.

See! He LOVED them.


This one enjoyed it as well. She even snared one herself with Dana's help.
We always follow all the safety laws while camping.... (Notice that Ross has the seatbelt around him, but NOT around the infant.)


Ross is hot when he is stoic.


Jack is cute when he is filthy.
Hmm, this one is out of order. Grandpa let Emma pump the air for her rocket this year, and she was THRILLED!

Another fun year with the Wallace clan. I love this family.

No comments: