Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Pirates of Bridal Veil Falls

To celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day, Ross and I took the girls on a little hike up to Nunn's Park and Bridal Veil Falls.





Ross helped the girls get a closer look at the water :)

After our first trip to the Falls, we got out the grill and Ross cooked some Bratwurst for us. We forgot to pack a fork, so he used a mostly clean stick to turn the sausages. (Dear Brittany, I thought of you with every 'That's what he/she said joke used while Ross used a stick to cook sausages!)


After lunch, we hiked back to the Falls and let the girls cool off in the water before we left.
After this we went to Macey's to share an ice cream cone, and then we went to play at Nate and Carrie's house where we had awesome enchiladas, had some good conversation, and watched Muppet's Treasure Island. Nate even got me to watch the first part of Goonies. That's right, he almost made me lose my Goonie viriginity! Not quite though- the girls got restless so we left about half-way through. I have to say, though- I didn't hate what I watched. I was certain it would be stupid, and it was, but in a mostly good and silly way. Those kids had nasty language though- that bothered me.
All-in-all, it was a good day to be called a wench by my husband :)

2 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

That sounds like such a fun activity! You always are doing so many fun things. I love brats!!!

Anonymous said...

Yup, that celebration makes NO sense. But whatever. :) I thought of you the other day when Steve tells me, "Yeah it's kind of just this huge thing, that's there, and uh... it goes wherever it wants to."

I can't remember what he was talking about now... but does it really matter?