Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Labor Day in St. George

We spent our Labor Day weekend with my grandparents in St. George. We hadn't been there for a couple of years, and it was nice to see them. We did not know that my Grandpa washaving surgery just hours before we came, though. If we had known, we would have made plans for another weekend so Grandpa could get all the rest he needed.

The girls loved them. They were so enamored with them almost instantly. Grandma had fun toys and yummy treats, and Grandpa knew where the lizards hung out, and was a prize winning puzzle putter-together.

We were so grateful that they were willing to let us be with them for a few days. We love you guys!

Here are some of the pictures I took. I didn't take enough- I never do. :(

On a lizard hunt in the back yard. Playing with the doll.

Emma's version of a carseat.
Ross and I took the girls to go see the St. George Tabernacle. We got there just in time to catch the last bit of an organ recital, and we got an almost personal tour just with our family.
I especially liked the specially marked fatty chairs.
Every prophet since Brigham Young has spoken from this pulpit. They let Emma say an Article of Faith in the microphone.
Later in the day, Grandma took us to the splash pad. Emma LOVED it, and Sara kind of liked it once she got the hang of it. Emma figured out she could draw on the rocks with the water.

Later that night, they treated us to Brick Oven Pizza. So good! We left after Sacrament meeting the next day because the girls were both getting some runny noses, and Sara did not sleep very well either night we were there. I think the heat got to Sara a little bit. I KNOW it got to me. I don't do well in heat. I will not live in Arizona! We will have to go visit again when it gets colder here.

No comments: