Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Big Girl!

Look what Sara can do now! She has been heading in this direction for a couple of months now, but I have been putting off actually starting the process because I have been lazy. Imagine my surprise when I came downstairs to find this a couple of weeks ago. They did this all on their own. It was actually on Ross's birthday. I called him at lunch to let him know what Sara had decided to give him for his birthday. She is not poty trained 100% yet. She wears diapers at night and whenever we leave the house, but during the day, she is pretty good about getting herself to that little potty. We have yet to get a number 2 on the potty, and everyone knows that is the true test of a potty trained child- but we are off to a good start. She doesn't even need a treat most of the time, because she is so thrilled with the cheering, clapping and high fiving. I am really proud of her, and I hope that the big box of diapers I just bought will be the last for a while.
It hurts my heart a little bit that my baby is potty training. Where did the time go?

5 comments:

Holly said...

Thats awesome! Way to go Sara! She isn't even 2 yet is she?
Sadly, my Abby has regressed and is back in diapers most of the time. I'm hoping she'll get excited about it again soon.

Holly said...

Actaully, wait, she is 2 right? 2007?

Holly said...

Sorry, again. Just looked at your past entried in February (I knew she was born then) and saw she turned 1 this year. Wow, thats awesome that she's going potty!

Ashley Welling said...

Cute! I love your new background.

Sarah Schroeder said...

Wow, Amanda. That Sara is clever girl. I have a feeling you won't have to worry about her ever falling behind in school.