Thursday, March 05, 2009

Emma Turns Three

Emma had a lovely birthday last Friday. She was spoiled rotten all day long. From the moment she woke up to the moment she finally went to sleep, she got everything HER way. It was fun! I sure love this little girl even if it does hurt my heart to admit that she isn't my baby anymore. I love you, Emma-Roo, and I couldn't be more proud of the sweet, sensitive and smart little girl you are becoming.

We started off the day with Krispy Kreme donuts and hot chocolate for breakfast. The donuts were a week old- but she didn't care! :) While Ross went to do something boring- I mean, important- at the bank, Emma and I ran across the parking lot to see the animals at PetSmart. Can someone please tell me why the cats over there are always big enough to eat me? They are sweet, but GINORMOUS!
The little rodents were all especially entertaining that day. All the wheels were spinning and the ones that were sleeping were at least kind enough to choose a resting place in plain view.
We went to Deseret Book for a minute after we watched some puppies get shaved. I wanted to see if they had any good sale items for Ross's birthday (yes, I know it is 6 months away- that is how I do things!). As soon as we walked in, one of the cute ladies that worked there greeted Emma, and she responded with, "Hi- it's my birthday and I am 1, 2, 3, 7, 8!" They rewarded her with a cookie- a really good cookie!
After stealing cookies from Deseret Book, we let Emma ride on the back of the cart at the store (for the very first time- truly exciting!) where we picked up some last minute items for the party. I LOVE that she is still young enough to help me choose her presents and still be surprised when she unwraps them.

We had lunch at Los Hermanos. She was NOT thrilled with the singing. They were quite loud and they scared Emma. They all thought she was adorable though- which she was.
We like going to Los Hermanos for birthdays because they are really good at keeping the free chips and salsa coming (and the salsa is fantastic), they give a hearty helping of free fried ice-cream for birthdays (even for 3 year old girls who don't like the singers), and we get a free specialty drink when Ross wears a shirt with their logo on it. The portions are also HUGE which means Ross, Emma and I can all share a chalupa and be full. That means we get more free stuff than what we end up actually paying for. That's my kind of birthday meal!

We like the Peachy Rico- althought we are wondering why it was so pink instead of orange this time. . .
Sara had a good meal of whipped cream and refried beans. I guess that means we really split our meal four ways. I deserve a medal for my cheapness! :)
After getting home and having a nap (we all napped for a little while), our family came over, and we commenced with throwing balloons around again. Good times!
Dana brought her best friend, Kassidy- who is pretty much a sister at this point. She is lovely, and I was thrilled to see her.
Emma picked the Costco cake with the most icing globbed on top of it. It is times like that when I KNOW she is my daughter. I like a little cake with my icing, thank you very much.
See that piece in the middle with the sun, rainbow and cloud? That was SOOO my piece! :)
Emma and Max had no need for plates.
Melissa tried to restrain him- but that Max is a sneaky little kid! he sure is cute though.

Brookie helped Emma open her presents. She was so excited to find that Princess dress.
My mom got her a princess backpack with a matching sleeping bag and water bottle. She was THRILLED.
Dana helped with the presents, and Heather manned the camera, so I was free to spend the rest of the party snuggling with Ross.
Max wanted to take home the books he got for Emma. He is seriously so cute!
Caulene confiscated some balloons to cut down on the craziness.
Emma got a lot of pretty dresses and shirts. They were all so cute! We are even keeping one of the dresses set aside for her Easter dress. Emma is loved- thank you everyone who came!
We got Emma a swimsuit for her birthday. Don't judge us, but it is a two piece. It is a perfectly modest one though. We liked it because it covers a lot of her back so she won't be quite as susceptible to sun-burns. Also- it is cute.
Sara and Max were really into those caterpillar books.
Lovely, Dana!
We had chicken nuggets and pizza for dinner.



Carrie and Nate came out as well. It was very nice of them to come out a second time in such a a short amount of time.
At least he isn't flipping me off in this one. . . :)

4 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

Cute girls! Sounds like she had a super-dooper fun birthday!

Tracie said...

Happy birthday Emma! Looks like you had one great day. :)

Mrs. Jones said...

You forgot to mention that the balloon game this time turned into collect, gang up on, and bash Ross. Poor guy. It was a fun night. Cute girls.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Emma!