Friday, March 13, 2009

Eagle Mountain

I saw a bald eagle today!! I am talking a real, live, GORGEOUS bald eagle flying out in the open sky!!! It was lovely, and large, and such an amazing surprise. He was soaring and screeching with its mate. I assume he was telling her that she looked just fine even if she was not adorned with his lovely white head. She seemed to like that and gave him a playful peck on the bird-cheek all while dancing overhead. I saw them as we were driving into town. I had been told that there were bald eagles living out here and that is why they named it Eagle Mountain, but I never really believed it. This is the first time I have seen our iconic national bird in the wild. It was incredible- and was just what I needed to pep me up before listening to the "We Surround Them" speech by Glenn Beck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That sounds pretty amazing indeed. I remember going to British Columbia and they were everywhere up there. So awesome. So so awesome. :)

Heather Jones said...

Thats great! I would love to do that! They are truly beautiful animals!

Carrie said...

Fun! Come out here in October and you will see TONS of bald eagles.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

I actually saw some right around the first of the year. I was driving out to Tooele on back roads with my mom and uncle to return a 4-wheeler, and there were two sitting on a rock. Ok, I realize that what I just wrote sounded like a complete hick...going to tooele to return a 4-wheeler...OH MY!

Anonymous said...

I was driving towards Kennecott a few months back, in the small remaining part of Salt Lake county that doesn't have any buildings, when one flew across the road over my car. I was so shocked that there was one in Salt Lake that no one could get me to shut up about it. Pretty cool to see one so near, isn't it?