Friday, March 20, 2009

Wedding Day Tag

1) When was your wedding day? August 24, 2004

2) What day of the week was it? Tuesday.

3) Did you get married in a church? Kind of. We got married in the Bountiful Temple.

4) How many in your wedding party? 3. My sisters were my bridesmaids since my best friend didn't want to be in the line.

5) How many guests were invited to your wedding? I have no idea. Not many people came, which was actually fine with me.

6) How long did you wait to tie the knot after your proposal? 3 months and 1 week. We wanted to get married on the 3 month mark, but were voted down due to conflicts with the nut harvest in California.

7) Did you register for gifts? Yes, at Target, Gottchalks, and Breemers. About 80% of our gifts in California came from Breemers.

8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer? My friend Carrie did the pictures at the temple, and my sister Heather did the pictures at the reception. My Aunt Lara put together a video for us as a gift- but we didn't even know she was planning on that. It was a fun surprise.

9) Did you have a DJ or a band? Nope. I regret that now.

10) Did the father walk the bride down the aisle? No- there was no aisle. Just a pretty altar and an uncomfortable couch.

11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? My sisters had light blue skirts and white shirts.

12) Who was the Maid Of Honor? The Best Man? We didn't have any. Both of the people we asked turned us down. That meant less sewing of ties and skirts though- and they were both there all day, so it worked out just fine for us.

13)What were your colors? Blue and Silver

14) Did the bride have a bridal shower? Yup- 2 of them on the same day. It was awesome, but there was not lingerie which was sad to me. I have made it a point since then to get all my good friends really good stuff just in case I am the only one who does.

15) What type of limo did you get? Oh heavens- this is a story. We had a white limo that we ordered about 4 hours before the reception. It cost a lot of money- about half of what we had in our combined savings at the time. We had to get one last minute because of a silly misunderstanding. Ross sold his truck to his dad for some cash and an old Ford Taurus to cut down on gas money and to help pay for my ring. They had left the Taurus in the parking lot at the Reno airport where we were flying to on their way to Utah. We planned on dropping the truck off at the SLC airport where Joe, Ross's brother, could pick it up and drive it home. We were told AT THE TEMPLE by my sister-in-law that she needed the truck to take something home. She refused to make the drive to the airport to pick it up and said we would have to shell out the money for a limo or a cab at the last minute. It was frustrating and expensive, but I have to say that we LOVED having the limo. We suggest it to all of our friends who get married now. We just wish we had known we would need it so that we didn't have to pay so much money for a last minute thing.

16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? I wore a wedding dress. It was white and fluffy and pretty. Ross wore a tux from a place I used to work in high school. It was a black 3 button coat, with a silver checked vest and a shiny black tie. (sunset pattern from Tuxedo Wearhouse. Go there- Brent is the sweetest man alive!)

17) How was the weather? It was raining while we drove to the temple, it stopped when we came out to take pictures, then it rained while we drove to the luncheon. Someone loves me!

18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? Reno. Lame. We went on the real deal a year later to Vegas and San Diego. That is how I can say that Emma was a honeymoon baby.

19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Making out in the truck before heading to the luncheon. All the stress of the day and the family members (some of whom were quite rude to me) dissappeared for a moment. We were alone, and we were sealed together for all eternity. We just stared at each other on the side of the road and cried. Then we kissed like we hadn't been allowed to before that. It was beautiful.

20) How long have you been married? 4 1/2 years.

21) What was the most memorable "bridezilla" moment? Finding out that my mom had cut my bouquet too short. It was irreversible, so I just didn't have a bouquet- which turned out just fine because it meant I got to hold Ross's hand all night instead.

22) What was your most memorable wedding-related mental breakdown? When the sealer called me by Ross's ex-girlfriend's name. . . 3 times!!!

23) What would you change about your day? I would have done it when I wanted, how I wanted and where I wanted. I would have stopped worrying about pleasing everyone else, and reminded them that it was their duty to please me on MY wedding day. I was so stressed about making people happy that I forgot to be happy myself, and I let people walk all over me. Also- I would hire a real photographer.

24) What was your most memorable Wedding moment? Sitting with Ross in the Celestial Room at the temple after doing a shortened veil ceremony. We were there alone for about 20 minutes before being guided to the sealing room. I loved it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have printed this out and will keep it for my next wedding. You know, the real one. Maybe if that happens. :) I loved reading about it. I love your pictures. You should have posted some!

Tracie said...

I don't understand how or why the sealer kept calling you by Ross's ex-girlfriend's name. That would bother me a lot too.

I made it to your reception. For the two minutes I was there before you had to take off, it was lovely.