Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Would Never. . .

Oh, Heavens. That is pretty much all I have to say. I don't know if anyone else does this, but as I have gone through my life, I have created in my mind a list of things that I felt were disgraceful, improper, and disrespectful. I placed these items in a little filing cabinet in my head that I liked to call "Things I Would Never Do, Ever, Ever, EVER". Well, God seems to have thought that little collection of ideas was rather funny. He has a sense of humor- let me tell you! In the past week or so, I have been put into situations where I have violated almost every single one of those items. I fail.
  1. I will never get caught picking my nose in my car by someone I know.
  2. I will never take my child out in public before noon in their pajamas.
  3. I will never let my daughter play with my phone/camera/ipod/ other expensive elctrical device just to keep her quiet.
  4. I will never lie about my weight.
  5. I will never let my daughter out in public with 2 different shoes, both made for the left foot.
  6. I will never cry about something to a friend that I have not already expressed to my husband.
  7. I will never let my kids watch the same movie over and over and over just so I can get some work done.
  8. I will never use my child's napping time to simply sit and watch America's Next Top Model episodes on You Tube.
  9. I will never chat on facebook when I have a kitchen to clean.
  10. I will never leave an . . . 'accident' on the floor without cleaning it up while I take a drive and get nasty fast-food.
  11. I will never greet my husband's homecoming with anything but a kiss.
  12. I will never allow a chance for my children to catch my husband and I . . . (so awkward!)
  13. I will never use my husband's deodorant all week in lieu of fetching my own out of the car.
  14. I will never like the scent of my husband's deodorant enough to continue using it all week long.
  15. I will never use my eye liner all the way to the point where it is such a small nub that I can't work it in the sharpener.
  16. I will never serve piza and chicken nuggets to my children 2 meals in a row. (I refuse to tell you how many times I have broken this one this week.)
  17. I will never let my child sleep all night in the car-seat.

Ther are more- but you get the idea. This has been a rough week with Ross going to work early every morning and coming home late every night. Add to this the fact that I am sick, Sara is teething, and Emma is 3, and you can start to get the picture! :) Don't get me wrong- things are good. I am happy, the girls are adorable, and Ross has been successful. I just think that had I not violated all of those "I Would Never's", I probably would not be nearly as cheerful as I am. And I am cheerful! :)

3 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Some of those "I will nevers" seem a bit too Trojan (no pun intended)...you have to let yourself have some downtime, even if you're just watching ANTM or chatting on facebook! Sometimes you just gotta make it through the week. I feel your pain this week, sheesh!

Southern Spud said...

Wow, whatta week! :) I agree with Heidi on the downtime part. Mommies need breaks too--esp when hubbies are not around!!!!

Thanks so much for the good laugh, and know I'm sending a huge HUG your way!!!

Carrie said...

The realities of life!