Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Vanity Indulgence

I got a message from my boss today explaining that the guidelines for the lesson plans accepted by the company I work for have just been tightened and heightened. It was a mass e-mail, and she told all of her writers to take a look at the attached example of a good lesson plan so that we would all have a better idea of what would be expected in the future. I clicked on the link, worried that my job was about to get harder, or that I would be asked to re-vamp some of my past work to match the new standards. I needn't have worried. The example was a Daily Lesson from the plan I wrote for The Lord of the Rings about mercy and justice. Yup- MY work was the new standard of excellence! I am feeling pretty haughty at the moment, and plan to reward myself by going to Ogden later today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Amanda have fun in Ogden.

Ashley Welling said...

Awesome! Good job! Where can I download some of these lesson plans?

Tracie said...

That's awesome. You have every right to feel proud.

Mrs. Jones said...

Congrats! You always started high with your own standards so I'm not surprized. Maybe I should have you write some of my lesson plans. It would sure save me a lot of time. What do you say?

Anonymous said...

As someone who has edited your lesson plans before... I must say, it's no wonder Audra worships you! I hardly had anything to edit. You're amazing! Thanks for coming and playing with me! I heart your soul!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Ashley- the lesson plans can be bought at Bookrags.com. I don't know if they are even available yet as this is a new thing, and there are a lot more nugs for them to work out.

Mom- I would be happy to write your plans for you if you are willing to pay me $29 and hour- which is what I average with this job.

Brittany- I loved seeing you, and am glad that you are so patient with my girls. The pie was fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amanda. There's are few things more rewarding than having your work recognized on such a large scale.