Sunday, January 04, 2009

Survey Stolen From Molli

What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Got food poisoning, Had a baby with my husband present, Bought a house, Went to a rock concert.
Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I kept most of them, and I always make New Year's resolutions- ALWAYS!
Did anyone close to you give birth? Aside from myself- not really. My old roommate, Jessica did- but I don't think she loves me anymore, so I don't think I can consider her as 'close' to me.
Did anyone close to you die? Does President Hinckley count?
What countries did you visit?I went to Logan and Rexburg- they both kind of seem like foreign countries sometimes . . .
What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Some more money, and some closer relationships with good friends.
What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 5th- Sara was born, Feb 27th- Emma's 2nd birthday, April 1st- my last day of renting- hopefully ever, October 18th- I had to host the Super Saturday pretty much by myslef because our Enrichment leader's father died, and the enitre presidency and half the Enrichment committee were either sick or out of town, October 31st- This was a fun Halloween, December 12th- I went to an awesome concert, December 25th- Christmas, Dummy!
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Having a baby.
What was your biggest failure? Trying to make friends in my old ward- stupid Mormon mommy Cliques! :)
Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope. Oh wait- yes. Haha- funny how I repressed those. I had to correct this on my thrid time proof-reading it. . .
What was the best thing you bought? My house! Does that count? I think it should.
Whose behavior merited celebration? Definitely Brittany's.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Blair's. Obama's. Emma's at times. . .
Where did most of your money go? Paying down debt.
What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having a baby, buying a house, (themes of the year, I guess), Reading Breaking Dawn (biggest let-down of my life- thus far), Going to Yellowstone (which was cancelled due to lack of time and funding), Thinking of horribly sneaky places to hide Jim and Melissa's remote . . . :)
What song will always remind you of 2008? Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Defying Gravity, and anything by Annberlin.
Compared to this time last year, are you: A) happier or sadder? Happier B) Thinner or fatter? So very much thinner! C) Richer or poorer? Richer- with less expendable income (we are paying down debt- not much play money!)
What do you wish you’d done more of? Laughing, working out, playing with the girls.
What do you wish you’d done less of? Fighting, Crying, Eating.
How did you spend Christmas? With my family.
Did you fall in love in 2008? Yup.
What was your favorite TV program? 30 Rock.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not really. I pretty much always hated Obama.
What was the best book you read? Roller Skates.
What was your greatest musical discovery? Annberlin (thanks Britt!)
What did you want and get? A house.
What did you want and not get? A vacation.
What was your favorite film of this year? Stardust
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 24, and I gave myself a pedicure while watching episodes of The Office all day, and then I went to Tucanos with my husband.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less fighting, less worry, More Moneys, Less seizures.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Whatever I can fit in.
What kept you sane? Ross, The girls, Carrie, Blogging, Reading.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Tony Stark.
What political issue stirred you the most? Definitely Proposition 8. Who did you miss? Ummmmm, I am at a loss for this one.
Who was the best new person you met? Jake Allen- hilarious young man who works with Ross now.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I am in control of how I react to life's events. If I am unhappy- it is probably not so much God's fault as mine for not handling a situation the way I am truly capable of.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game.

3 comments:

James and Monica said...

HEY! love your survey. It gave me a good laugh.

emily said...

i adore you! loved reading about your life in 2008! :D

James and Monica said...

Hey Stalker budy...I tried to find all the posts you left comments on. You're too hilarious my dear!! Now, it's my turn to stalk you!!!!