Thursday, January 31, 2008

My, What a Profile!

Last weekend Ross and I attended the year Kick-off Banquet for AFLAC. It was fun with some good food and a lot of clapping for his district (the #1 district in the region!!). The only problem was that the chairs were terribly uncomfortable for me and my bulk. After the dinner and before the award presentation, they gave us a quick bathroom break. While waiting in the line, a couple of the ladies from Ross's team were asking me how I was holding up and were commenting on how uncomfortable I looked. When I got to the front of the line, I turned sideways to lean against the wall. When I did this, the lady behind me said, "My goodness- what a profile!! I was wondering why Marcia thought you were so uncomfortable! You can't even tell from behind- but your profile is just huge, I mean, cute!" For some weird reason, I took this as a compliment.

When I told Ross, he suggested that we take some pictures from behind, and then from the side. These were taken right before we headed out to my last appointment before my C-Section on Tuesday morning (so close. . . but so far away!)

I left out the one he took of just my bum- it was surprising to see a close-up of that particular. . . assett when I was looking through the pictures he took. I can't blame him though- it is quite cute!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My, what a profile!" That's hilarious. I'm glad you weren't offended. I might have been! Your C-section is THIS TUESDAY!?

Sophia Crane said...

What a lovely pregnant woman you are. I would have taken it as a compliment too. But then again, I loved being pregnant and I loved my prego belly, so of course I would.

Tracie said...

Whoa. It's true. You like small from the front and the back. But you definitely look like there's a baby in there from the side. :) I think it's cute. Pregnant bellies are supposed to be big. Congrats on getting the babe out of there soon! Tuesday will be here before you know it. :)