Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jack Enters the Terrible Twos

 We had a little get together with my family for Jack on his birthday.  It was simple and fun.  Ross grilled up some kabobs for everyone, and then we chatted and watched Jack play with all his new toys. 
 This was his second soccer ball for his birthday.  He got one from Unlce Rex the day before (pictures of that get together to come.  They are still on the camera.)
 This girl has to be bribed and threatened to give a normal face for pictures any more.  Stinker.
 This girl really loves any excuse to consume orange styrofoam bits.
 This girl is way too pretty for her own good these days...

 See what I'm sayin'?!
 Oh dear -- it's contagious.

Miss Molly enjoying all the presents

 Here is a picture of Luke.  This is for Brittany.
He kept telling me the fire was hot, but wouldn't blow it out.


Magna Doodle
Optimus Prime Mask!

More trucks.  Best day ever!


Some Things To Know About The Boy
  • He loves his little brother.  It is very sweet.  He gets very upset when we don't attend to Luke the moment he starts crying.
  • He loves trucks and balls.  That is pretty much all he needs in life to be happy.
  • He loves his mama.  :)
  • He is an early riser. I usually end up snuggling with him in my bed shortly after Ross leaves for work and he will chat and kick and wiggle and pay with toys and do whatever he can think of to get me to wake up with him.
  • He loves yogurt.  A lot.
  • He is sneaky.  My worst moments are when I realize he has been quiet for far too long. 
  • He is behind in his speech, but he communicates just fine in his own way.  We were worried for a while, but now he is catching up and his hearing and comprehension are clearly just fine.
  • He goes to bed really well.  Amazingly well.  I just put him in bed, sing a couple of songs and walk away.  It is amazing.  The girls are much more needy at bed time.
  • He gives the best hugs ever.  Seriously.  So tight and sincere.
  • He picks out his own clothes.  Yes, already.  Please don't judge if you see him in moon boots and way too small for him shorts.  We just roll with it.  Pick your battles, right?
  • He eats. He eats all the good stuff too.  We don't have to nag at him to eat his veggies because he loves them.
  • He is a bit of a bully, especially with Sara.  He has figured out that he is a bit more physical than them, and uses this to his advantage.   
  • He loves music.  Singing, dancing, whatever.  He gets upset in the car if I listen to an audio book instead of the radio.
  • He is the most destructive child I have ever met.  He is fast about it, too.  I very rarely shower during the day anymore because even the fastest shower leaves far to wide a window of untended time.
  • He loves being in pictures.  He has the cutest posed smile.  I love it.
  • He makes me happy.  So very happy.  I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this post is about Jack (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!), and by the way, how is he allowed to be so old!? I thought he was just born!? But I wanted to say thank you for the picture of Luke. :) Even though it was just part of his face that was visible, I love it anyway. My cold little shriveled up heart is aching to squish him again! Gah I love newborns!