Saturday, June 05, 2010

Jack's Arrival Through Pictures

I had big plans of writing an actual birth story with a huge disclaimer for those who prefer not to read accounts of that nature. Those plans are gone now. I am too preoccupied for that. I have been a little bit busy falling in love with my new little boy. The kid is incredible. I am a lucy, lucky woman! Instead of a textual account, you get a pictural account with brief commentary from yours truly.

The night before Jack was born, we were heading home later than we had planned, and I knew that by the time I had the dinner I had planned on making prepared, it would be close to 10:00. We had to get up at 4:00. Ross took pity on me and let us go to Panda Express for my last meal. It was lovely, and this was my fortune. Quite fitting, I thought. We got to the hospital at 5:15 am. We were so excited!
I am about to lose a lot of weight!
This is the first picture taken of my little Jack Wallace Goodman.
Jack is Ross's maternal grandfather's name.
Wallace is my maternal grandfather's last name.
Goodman is Ross's last name. And mine. Basically- don't complain about the name if you don't like it, because we love both the name, and the men they represent! :)
My dad actually took the day off of work to come and see his new grandson. He called in sick. just to put this in perspective- my dad did not even call in sick the day after he had his appendix taken out. He is just a tad bit excited about this little boy.

Emma is very excited and very bossy about how her baby brother is to be treated. I love it.
Isn't he beautiful?
We waited to give him his first intensive bath for when the girls got there so they could watch. We thought they would like that.
While we waited, Jack and I got acquainted as he stole little bits of my heart with his sweet snuggles and advanced aptitude for feeding.
Emma and Sara LOVED watching Jack get bathed, and have talked about it every time they have been here to visit me.
The first family photo with Jack outside of my belly.

I think he looks a lot like Sara did when she was born.Oh, the yawns. I love them. There are more to come. The hospital network takes forever to upload pictures, so I have just been doing one or two at a time in between feedings, diaper changes, and nap times. I will try to get some more up later tonight for those who have been asking for more pictures. I don't blame you for wanting more- I can't get enough of him and I am holding him right this very second! Can you tell we are excited about this little baby? Because we are. Heavenly Father must really love us!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Ross and Jack with the rest of the family peeking in through the window. So precious. I love your family!