Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Excuse

I know I have been a little scarce around here lately. I have a good reason, and it is very personal and real and a little scary to admit, but I am going to anyway. Ross and I have run into a few struggles lately- well, more like a lot of struggles. Physical, Emotional, Spritual, Mental, Financial- you name it! Things are just hitting us from every possible angle, and the unexpected torrent of trials is starting to create a whole new struggle of the marital nature. Ross and I have been having an unusually high amount of conflicts. We are fighting a lot. So much so that the 'Fight or Flight' reflex is starting to kick in, and it is taking all of my fight to stay away from the flight option. Please note that I am not here writing this to ask for advice or counsel or judgement. What I would really like are some prayers. We will get through this- but I would like it to be soon, and I would like it to not happen again for a while. I think that we have passed the climax now and are in the denoument of this conflict- I hope so at least.

I haven't posted lately because it seems that blogs are the places to post picturesque portrayals of familial bliss, and what I have had to post has been far from blissful. I decided to post anyway because I finally came to the conlcusion that this is not a place for me to put on a mask of perfection, nor is it a place for me to air my dirty laundry. This is a place for me to document the goings on in my life and to keep my family and friends abreast of what is happening with me. Well, this is what is happening with me. Hopefully this will not be the case for much longer as Ross and I are both tired of bickering. We are both very anxious to get back to that sickening state of newly-wed-wannabes that we get teased for so often. We have both had some insights into each other's thoughts and feelings and we are both trying to live up to our end of the new compromises we made.

Ross did gain quite a bit of ground on his side today when he got me a new kitten! He rescued her from the window well of an empty house. He heard her crying while we were in a fight and he walked out to go and find out where the mournful wails were coming from. I was a little upset that he would just walk away like that- but then he came back a couple minutes later with the scared little darling! She is tiny and black and best of all, she is staying!!! There are no landlords to kick her out this time, and she doesn't have a collar or any other identification on her. This was very sneaky on Ross's part as it is nearly impossible for me to be upset about anything when I am playing with a kitten. Maybe Trinket (anyone who can tell me where this name comes from will get a free copy of the book from me! No googling!) was sent here for just that reason. Whatever the reason, my kitten-loving heart is in feline heaven, and my husband's head is out of the noose for the time being!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to go Ross, the way to a woman's heart is through her kitten!

Anonymous said...

You are for sure in my prayers, Amanda. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or weird or anything and I'm not going to give advice, just that I've been there before A LOT and know how hard it is. Trinket sounds super familiar but I can't think of it! Do tell.