Monday, July 14, 2008

What Would You Be If You Could Be. . .

OK- my blogging plan for the day was to post the Fourth of July Pictures, do a Memory Monday post about my dad's old leather recliner in Hawaii, and then maybe start on a post about our Soldier Hollow campling trip. Unfortunately, Blogger and I are not on speaking terms at the moment, and he wont let me put up any pictures- thus foiling all my lovely plans of bloggingness. Instead I will grace you with a survey, and hopefully I can commence all of those lovely image-intense plans tomorrow.

What would you be if you could be ...

A Vegetable? A Cucumber. It is fun to say and spell.
An Animal? I want to say something exciting like a cougar or polar bear or eagle, but I think I would probably just be a small house cat. They are stealthy and smart and mischievous, but they are also usually pet and loved and spoiled.
A Fruit? Mango!! I heart mangoes with all of my. . . heart. (I still want a shirt!)
A Color? According to the test I am most definitely blue, but if I had a choice, I think I would go with a nice pale pink or a bright fire-truck red.
A Household Object? A ball-point pen with just enough ink to make you think I am useful, but not enough to actually write anything of use without multiple scribbly sessions to get the ink flowing. I think it would be fun to watch people (like me) get all frustrated and curse at an inanimate object when clearly they are the ones at fault for not replacing the stupid thing the last time they needed a writing utensil in a hurry and realized that particular one had served its time.
Article of Clothing? Probably one of the cool pairs of panties that I had to get rid of a week before my marriage. I had the funniest underwear! It always made me happy when I thought about it.
A Drink? Either an ice-cold bottle of water or a mango-a-go-go from Jamba Juice.
A Famous Person? Kate Walsh. I could totally be her if I were 20 years older and elongated my face a bit. Ooh- maybe Deborah Messing- but she is way too comfortable with the gays. I could NEVER pull that off.
A Film Character? Mary Jane Watson.
A Cartoon Character? Ariel- only not 16, and I would cover up my ridiculously thin navel, and that 80's poofed out wedding dress would definitely have to go!
A Car? A red 1969 Camaro- at least I think that is the year I like. I would have to ask Ross.
A City? London.
A Country? Ireland.
A Mythical Creature? I guess I should say a mermaid what with my Ariel answer above, but I think I would make a pretty good witch. Ginny and I would totally get along.
A Chocolate Bar? Nutrageous- only I think they discontinued those because I was the only one who ever liked them. Sad, really.
A Book Character? I am expected to say Anne Shirley here, and I would if I hadn't met L. M. Montgomery's other orphaned author, Emily. Emily and I truly are kindred spirits. Anne and I have a lot in common, and I love that we share the same dreaded carrot-hair, but she was so extreme. Emily really spoke to my soul. Also, given the choice between Gilbert and Ned, I would take Ned any day! I know I am over-analyzing this a little, but I am a reader- that is what we do!
A Sport? Figure Skating. I loves it.
A Word? Ross says Feisty. I can't think of just one, so we will stick with that. Anyone else have any good recommendations?
One of Your Family? I think I am happy with who I am. There are traits that each of my sisters have that I wish I had, but in general I think we are all on the paths we should be.
One Of Your Friends? Again, I am happy where I am, but I sure wouldn't mind re-living my newly-wed, pre-children days like Carrie and Nate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you get those mango shirts. I will totally buy one. I too heart mangoes with all my heart, and still feel guilty for hating them unjustly for so long!