Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Millions of Little Kids Do it Every Day, They Make a Kite and *Poof* Its In the Sky

Ross had a fairly laid back Father's Day weekend- by his own request. We have spent the last fe weekends down in Orem for Weddings and showers and other things like that. He decided it was time to just stay home. We didn't even go to the store.

On Saturday we worked in the yard for a while, and it is really looking pretty good. I will have to do a post all about our lovely, lush lawn. I am pretty proud of us, I have to say! Anyway, after mowing our home-grown grass, we planted a little garden with corn, pumpkins, cucumbers and melons. While I cleaned Emma up, Ross grilled up some burgers for us, and we had a wonderful meal followed by cuddling and some episodes of Grey's Anatomy (thank you Netflix!).
After sleeping in, Ross declined breakfast in bed and opted for some cold cereal- which was fine by me. He opened up his gifts, and seemed to like them. Emma got him Harry Potter 5, Sara got him Ocean's 13, and I got him Stardust and a Flight of the Conchords CD.

After church, we came home and had Ross's favorite meal- Roast Beef with carrots and potatoes. Let me just say that I make AWESOME roast. Actually, I made him a roast while we were dating one time, and he said that was one of the things that went into consideration when he was trying to decide between Erin and me (NOT I!!- that is for you Tracie!). Anyway, this roast was particularly delicious as evidenced by the fact that there was nothing left over for sandwhiches later on.

After some lazing around, Ross decided that he wanted to try out the kite that the Easter Bunny brought Emma. There wasn't really enough wind to get it very high, but we still had a pretty good time.

Ross is an amazing dad, and an even better husband. I am so lucky to have him in my life, and I am eternally grateful that things worked out the way they did. He is constantly showing me new reasons to put up with all the things I don't love about him! :) Seriously, snoring and unrinsed dishes aside-- Ross is so good to me. He is my best friend, and always will be. Nobody knows me the way he does, and I am convinced that nobody else would continue to love me after knowing me the way he does. I love you Babe!! Happy Father's Day.

This is in the little park that is right behind our property. They haven't put any playground equipment in yet, but we like having the nice big field anyway.

Success!! She was so proud of herself!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Thanks for putting in that little thing for me. :)

I'm glad you (and Ross) had a good Father's Day.

I'm also really impressed you grew your own lawn. I don't know if I would have the patience for that. Keep us updated on how it grows. If it goes well for you perhaps I will try to do that if I ever get a house of my own.